Home

NBA 2K17 Legend Edition Featuring Kobe Bryant Announced

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Legend Edition Featuring Kobe Bryant Announced within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2016, 03:45 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Legend Edition Featuring Kobe Bryant Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Not sure why competition matters when it comes to offering pre-orders. If someone knows they want this, why can't they pre-order it? You can always cancel it whenever you want on Amazon with no penalty.

This is marketing 101, not "selling out". 2k was smart to jump on the Kobe hype train on his last day, offer a Kobe edition with pre-orders and get people excited about the game in Sept/Oct. The other game probably wishes they did this right about now.

I mean, it's great you want to wait until you see more info before diving in to buying the game, but if someone wants to reserve a copy at no risk right now, more power to them.
Wasn't aware you could cancel pre orders whenever. Good to know.

I get it's obvious marketing, but when the game becomes more about marketing then the actual game itself is what worries me. All the game modes, features, all come down to they are easy to market, better than the actual play of the game itself.

They focus more on marketing tactics than anything else. Back in the day, like 2k-2k11 they spent all the time on the actual gameplay and fluidity of the game.

Once the game exploded around 2k11, they've had a crutch. 2k12/2k13 they had the success of Jordan & 2k11 gameplay to milk. 2k14 they had next gen graphics. 2k15 they had the next gen graphics to milk & a shot meter for the mass of kids then 2k16 they clearly were running dry so tried ANOTHER Jordan edition. Now they can breath again because they have Kobe finale and Warriors 73 wins (after a bs win in Memphis mind you) to milk.

Before this they were constantly changing the game every year and they need to do that to reach a new peak on next gen like 2k11 old gen before they keep recycling like they are now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2016, 04:05 PM   #66
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Game changes a lot for a year to year basis game in my opinion. It may not be as spectacular as it was 6 years ago but so far I could never call the 2K developpers lazy. Imo they made very average games, I think 2K13 was very average and downright bad from a sim gameplay standpoint but it wasn't because of the lack of effort.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:47 PM   #67
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
Would it be possible to get the 2009 or 2010 Lakers in this game?
They most likely will be, at least I hope so. They added tons of 2000-2013 teams this year and with it being Kobe's last year and his own special cover I can't see them not adding 09-10.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 04-14-2016, 09:57 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddywalker
No PC-Version?
I'm shocked.
nah, every year they never mention pc properly, even in 2k16, it appears on steam mid july so expect it than, maybe even june but every year its been on steam to pre order mid july
Old 04-15-2016, 12:26 PM   #69
Rookie

This should be nice, love the cover!
Old 04-15-2016, 12:28 PM   #70
Rookie

Kobe one of the best of all time. The 60 point game in his farewell prove that.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:33 PM   #71
Rookie

Kobe Bryant!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2016, 12:34 PM   #72
Rookie

Love me some Kobe!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »