Home

AI's rotation problem??

This is a discussion on AI's rotation problem?? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2016, 11:37 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
AI's rotation problem??

I notice that no matter how I adjust the stamina and fatigue sliders for the CPU, they tend to sub their players 5 for 5, like they will take out the complete starting lineup out with 5 bench players, is it just me or what? I want to know how to fix it, like have at least 2-3 starters play the entire first quarter that sub accordingly, just like reality?? Anyone know how this can be fixed??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2016, 11:03 PM   #2
Rookie

jattnanga's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: AI's rotation problem??

If you have roster control over the CPU teams then you can go to each team and....

1) Go to Coaching Sliders and set the lineup depth down to a number below 10. The most realistic would probably be 8 or 9.

2) Go to Rotations and allocate the minutes to the 5 starters and the 3 or 4 bench players you would like to see play.

This has worked for me without issue. Just keep an eye on the primary and secondary positions of all the players to whom you have allocated minutes to make sure it all make sense.

Injuries, players movement and coaching changes will reset the rotations and coaching sliders, so keep an eye on that as well.

As far as having starters playing the whole first quarter, its tough to say. I have been able to get this to happen but only with 40+ minutes for those players, but even then its not failproof and depends on the balance of the primary and secondary positions.

Example: If you wanted Kawhi to play the whole first quarter, just be sure that you don't have a lineup full of small forwards and be sure he can play a second position (SG or PF). I haven't been able to figure it out completely...but play around with it and share what you're seeing.

- Ricky Rubio quoting Magic Johnson
Old 04-20-2016, 11:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Don't take my word as final but I think a couple of things might come into play. I use the simulation stamina in my settings. Players fatigue at a quicker rate and the shots tend to not fall as often, which is more realistic for me. That might have something to do with it. Another, and probably the biggest, is your minutes played. I don't play short games. I will play anything from 8 minutes + and I rarely see the CPU mass sub. I know you can set your rotations to fatigue or based on minutes played, however I do not know if this affects the CPU management. Try upping your minutes, and using simulated stamina options and see if the CPU has any changes.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:30 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Try subs on rotation and CPU fatigue slider: 0, CPU stamina slider: 100. It's not perfect, but it's resulted in the most realistic sub rotations for the CPU over every other setting ive tried

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2016, 11:46 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheiaImpact
Don't take my word as final but I think a couple of things might come into play. I use the simulation stamina in my settings. Players fatigue at a quicker rate and the shots tend to not fall as often, which is more realistic for me. That might have something to do with it. Another, and probably the biggest, is your minutes played. I don't play short games. I will play anything from 8 minutes + and I rarely see the CPU mass sub. I know you can set your rotations to fatigue or based on minutes played, however I do not know if this affects the CPU management. Try upping your minutes, and using simulated stamina options and see if the CPU has any changes.
Hey bro thanks for the response, but what is simulation stamina? Is there such setting in the options? Is that the same option as setting my rotation based on fatigue vs minutes or this is a completely different thing?

I am trying to play 8 mins per quarter now and I really hate to see 5 starters go out at the same time, this problem never occurred in previous 2K but just this year’s…
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2016, 06:51 AM   #6
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Hey bro thanks for the response, but what is simulation stamina? Is there such setting in the options? Is that the same option as setting my rotation based on fatigue vs minutes or this is a completely different thing?

I am trying to play 8 mins per quarter now and I really hate to see 5 starters go out at the same time, this problem never occurred in previous 2K but just this year’s…
Really you haven't noticed this in past 2K games? I think this is the first year it's actually improved.

How many minutes are you playing?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2016, 04:59 PM   #7
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

This method has worked great for me (Post #1):

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-working.html

Props to Schnaidt1 for figuring all that out...
Old 06-02-2016, 02:54 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Really you haven't noticed this in past 2K games? I think this is the first year it's actually improved.

How many minutes are you playing?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Bro I play 8 mins per quarter and I used the fatigue at 100 and stamina at 0 method, it improves but not to perfection yet as you can see in attached photo, Dragic played too much, so what can do I do in sliders to make better rotations by AI?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Table.jpg (55.8 KB, 46 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »