Home

Constructive Criticism for NBA 2K17: Inbound defense after scores needs to be fixed

This is a discussion on Constructive Criticism for NBA 2K17: Inbound defense after scores needs to be fixed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2016, 06:55 PM   #9
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Constructive Criticism for NBA 2K17: Inbound defense after scores needs to be fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroveStreetCJ
This is what play now online has basically come to. This is the cheese that has just been killing the game for me, especially when you're in GOAT or hall of fame guys just constantly abuse this. It's unbelievable how this can happen after every score. No excuses for this being in 2K17
I agree with this completely. This ruins the competition part of the game online. It isn't because I can't stop it, it just this is a PRIMARY weapon for a lot of players. Defending it is annoying and ruins the enjoyment part of the game for me
Old 04-26-2016, 08:45 AM   #10
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

Re: Constructive Criticism for NBA 2K17: Inbound defense after scores needs to be fix

Best solution for 2K to fix this is delay the inbound passes to 5-6 seconds after you score. Allow the defense to get back because what is the % of this really happening in the NBA. Animation needs to be fix because if you choose Man to Man why would 1 player be out of position when the user passes the ball to half court?
Old 04-26-2016, 09:07 AM   #11
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk5tar5
Best solution for 2K to fix this is delay the inbound passes to 5-6 seconds after you score. Allow the defense to get back because what is the % of this really happening in the NBA. Animation needs to be fix because if you choose Man to Man why would 1 player be out of position when the user passes the ball to half court?
hahahahahahaha

These are post I'm talking about! Lets not run up tempo NBA style offense. This most be a bot post right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 09:19 AM   #12
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
I agree with this completely. This ruins the competition part of the game online. It isn't because I can't stop it, it just this is a PRIMARY weapon for a lot of players. Defending it is annoying and ruins the enjoyment part of the game for me
Sums it up, great post.

Again, I urge the devs to not do anything dramatic to fix this, just tweak it to how it was before this year...I don't want any over the top 'solutions' to kill the transition game completely..
Old 04-26-2016, 10:01 AM   #13
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

It's so funny how the transition defense after a missed shot is better than after a made shot. Even though I win about 90% of the time, it's not fun playing against players who abuse this flaw for the entire game while not subbing out guys.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:04 PM   #14
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm going to try and explain why I think transition defense is pretty good but it could use some tuning. Most won't agree because they love that sim life lol. But I'm pretty sure this is more of a problem in MT. A mode of the game I refuse to take part in. And I can understand why everyone loves it. You can create your own damn team.

But there are certain players that command so much attention.

Spoiler

But if you already get where this is going watch this next play.
https://youtu.be/dq5dykost6g?t=1m23s

In years pass we didn't have the secondary fast break or the semi-fast break. In the video above you'll see Kobe score this nice fade away jumper over LeBron. Crowd is going crazy. But watch how quickly they inbound the ball. And notice where Roy Hibbert is when that is happening. Not even at the freethrow line yet. Kobe is in a mad scramble to get in front of LeBron. But this is exactly what happens in 2k.

https://youtu.be/HaXFiU4nTzE?t=11s

https://youtu.be/HaXFiU4nTzE?t=42s

There is so much that has to happen right to stop these fast break demons.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:30 PM   #15
QNo
MVP

jeebs, the problem with these fastbreaks isn't that they also happen in the real NBA. The problem is that it's not a terrible strategy to do this every possession of the game, with the AI defenders constantly making blatant errors. It takes a ton of skill and focus to stop it more often than not, while it's incredibly easy to select OKC and hold down the turbo button. The frequency which with this happens is the problem, nobody would have a problem if this occurred 2-3 times a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 05:24 PM   #16
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk5tar5
I don't agree that they should delay inbound passes.

Literally all they have to do is make it the way it was in every game before 2K16 lol.

I NEVER remember this being a problem in any 2K game before this one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »