Home

Constructive Criticism for NBA 2K17: Inbound defense after scores needs to be fixed

This is a discussion on Constructive Criticism for NBA 2K17: Inbound defense after scores needs to be fixed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2016, 12:33 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Constructive Criticism for NBA 2K17: Inbound defense after scores needs to be fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
That's not what he said....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The players get stuck and you can't move them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 12:40 PM   #42
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Re: Constructive Criticism for NBA 2K17: Inbound defense after scores needs to be fix

Just to chime in, I've read the entire thread. Some real funny posts and some definite trolls it seems.

There should NOT be a delay on inbounding and I can't believe that was even a suggestion. In fact, if you read numerous threads people are asking for the game to be sped up and less animations so this would make it even worse, not to mention it's a rule violation.

As others said, the hustle of the defense needs to be adjusted. That's it IMO. The transition offense is fine with me, I like it because you can push the pace or you could slow it down.

It's all about adjusting the hustle of the defense and for the defense being able to adjust to a team running fastbreak offense vs. a slowed down more playoff style pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 05-06-2016, 10:47 AM   #43
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Just jumping in, great video Sam.

I want to give this a bump while the devs are hard at it for next year's game. This is not just a problem online but offline as well.

The defensive AI for quick offense and fast breaks is just not up to par with other elements of the game. It takes the game out of the player's hands in many ways, because you can play to limit transition and still never have guys in position to defend against quick offense or breaks.

So you can work hard as a sim player to take a good shot on offense, and make it or not, once you're on defense you don't even really get the chance to play the game on defense because in a few seconds the CPU AI is taking an uncontested layup or or open jumper or three. This happens far too frequently, and a relatively high percentage of CPU baskets come from these high percentage shots where the defense isn't even playing defense and the user can't manually cover for the failures of four AI teammates.

There's also one broken side inbound play from near half court where the inbounding player cuts to the basket for an uncontested layup after the pass with insane consistency. The only way to defend is to take your inbound pass defender manually to the free throw line to have him cover the cutting inbound passer manually.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:52 AM   #44
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

This is most definitely still an issue to be ironed out...

but I know I and a few others have seen some progress here after patch 6...have you seen the same Sam?
Old 05-06-2016, 04:27 PM   #45
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
This is most definitely still an issue to be ironed out...

but I know I and a few others have seen some progress here after patch 6...have you seen the same Sam?
Full court and 3/4 court passes straight into the paint definitely go out of bounds now. Few guys try to do that to me and ball goes straight out even with great passers like Magic.

Transition after free throw misses are still terrible. After scores is a little better but still needs work. Dribble launches definitely way toned down, this makes it A LOT more fun to play the game b/c quick PGs feel like they have more value.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2016, 11:41 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 4

One of the big problems with defense in 2k is defensive animations and 2k making your player get into an auto defensive stance in terrible situations. For example, you can be running in the back court trying to get back on defense after a made basket and auto defense will kick in for no reason. This will slow your player down from getting up the court. I've always hated the auto defensive stance. That's one of the reasons your players feel like they are stuck in mud at times.

Foot planting has in ways hurt the defense also, because transitional animations on defense are so slow. Going from a defensive stance to standing more up right should be faster. Also more defensive movements need to be mo-capped and implemented into the game. Foot planting for players without the ball really needs to be tuned and improved a great deal.

CPU players getting lost in transition is just unacceptable. I really enjoy 2k16, but for 2k17 these issues need to be addressed. I wouldn't mind seeing a back pedal command and animation implemented also. Movement for players without the ball especially on defense needs to a serious focus for 2k.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »