Home

Whats your most wanted feature for NBA 2k17

This is a discussion on Whats your most wanted feature for NBA 2k17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2016, 12:41 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Whats your most wanted feature for NBA 2k17

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
Don't understand how people want Jordan Rec Center back...you like standing around for 15 mins to have everyone quit within 5?

That being said...everything in this game needs to be shorter. 20 mins of game time take 40+. Stop making us watch halftime, interviews that repeat, ref having to physically walk over to the ball and pick it up then wait for 10 seconds to give to FT shooter.

Give people a reason NOT to quit. Almost everyone quits early because the game takes so long to finish. Nobody wants to sit through a ball hog for 45 mins. If the game took 10, sure, I can deal with that.

Madden has shorter qtr games now, MLB The Show has 3 inning games and no loading screens in place. 2k needs to jump on the time-savers bandwagon.
I think people would be fine if there was like a separate pro am system of "rep" of some kind that worked. You could be the best pro am or walk on pro am player in the world but there is no way for global measurement of this really for yourself or others for comparison. That crowd mostly played rec center for their rep in other years with Park sprinkled in.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2016, 12:47 PM   #50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
Besides Clean, Responsive Gameplay, and all game modes featured in the game to work at 100% on Launch day,i think i want to see a return of an updated Crew Mode.

2K17 Crew Mode
1)5 minute quarters
2)7 timeouts per team
3)Games Played in Customizable arenas
4)Customizable sounds for each arena
5)Customizable shoes that can be worn for crew mode
6)15-20 Roster spots per crew
7)Detailed Stat Tracking & leaderboards for Crew mode
8)Detailed Stat Tracking within each crew to keep track of who's leading the team in pts, rebs, assist..etc
9)Customizable playbooks for crew mode(Being able to choose from any teams playbook current or historic.
10)My Player of the game
11)Play of the Game
12)Being able to show in the upper right hand corner of your screen which badges are being used while playing just like in mycareer.
13)This is Major..PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS SACRED,
Bring back commentary for Crew mode...it's been dead in the Jordan Rec Center, The Park & This year in Pro Am mode.

14)PA Announcer needs to able to be heard during the games. Half the thrill of scoring is hearing the announcer call your name after a big bucket. Try bringing in more than one PA announcers.

15)We also Need to increase the nicknames and the names in general that you guys have on file. We need more ethnic names than the ones that are on file.
meaning try more black names, and more russian names, and more asian names and more hispanic and more latvian names and more african names in 2k17. Its 2016...we shouldn't have to struggle with finding a name that identifies with the race or culture you come from.

16)We need to have it so that matchmaking can be set up easily. If you just came across a good crew and you want to set it up with them, it should be as easy everyone lining up in the same lobby and pressing start.

17)MyPlayer of the week, Myplayer of the month, Defensive player of the week,
rebounding champ of the week...hell, we need something to play for. Even after road to the finals is done, there needs to be an incentive for people to still play this mode. Come up with rivalries and bonuses for beating a rival.

18)Have the commentators mention at the start of the game if there are key players on the opponents team to look out for if they are hot/cold or if the oppenet has been on a winning streak or losing streak. If the opponent has lockdown defender whos been on a tear with steals or a Shot blocker who's manning the paint with his/her life, let it be known.

19)Bring back the Website from 2k10/11 we used to have that had the community attached with every crew thats been playing, their stats for every game, and who played in each game.

20)Have the leaderboards and qualifying for Road to the finals or whatever Esport game mode be based off of the quality of the opponent and also take into account of teams that quit. Quitting should benefit the winner, not take away from them.

21)Have The badge system work so that lets say if you play Mycareer, and you unlock dimer, you can only have it on bronze. Playing Crew Mode, based off the way that you play, if you average 10 assists per game for 25 games you can unlock the silver dimer badge online and then average 10 assists per game for 50 games you get gold dimer online.

22)Bring back The Catch and Shoot Badge as an Online only badge and make it so that the person receiving said badge is earning it based off of consistently coming of screens and shooting or always has their feet set when taking a shot and off those shots this person is shooting 50% and better from mid range and three point line in Pro AM mode.

23)Bring back Customizable shots like in the past so everyone can stop using the same tired old shots like LaMarcus Aldridge/70/22/MJ/Rudy Gay/Damian Lillard. Make the Ray Allen shot and the Carmelo Anthony work again. Those two shots used to be soooo water. Ever since 2k15 both of those shots have been broken. Hell, just make it so ANY and EVERY SHOT if timed correctly has the same chance of going in as the next. There shouldn't be OP jumpshots in this game. It should be strictly a preference.

24)Make it so that in Pro Am and every other mode that steals arent as easy as they were this year.

25)Multiple GM's/Owners for a crew so that if one isnt online your team can still play. The Original Owner of the team should never be able to be kicked by an admin.

26)MyCrew Online Leagues-This is something that is way overdue, just come up with a format where teams can join leagues and have seasons and championships and incentives to play for outside of just playing with your friends. I'll leave that up to you guys. Base it off of Myleague if need be.

27)Unlock Special layup packages and dunk packages(sprite dunk packages/Jamal Crawford/John Wall layup based off the style of Myplayer you have and how well you finish at the rack. All positions should be able to unlock all layups and dunks, but increase the amount of dunks and layups for centers and power forwards to be completed.

Thats all i have for now, but if anyone has any addition, please feel free to add to this list and hopefully the devs see this and make this a reality for us.
Everything this guy said is 95% of what i even care about. Id buy this stuff in a standalone game over current 2k

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2016, 01:15 PM   #51
Pro

El_Tercero's Arena

If the rule isn't changed. Which it shouldn't be. But I'd like to see a way to use the HACK-A-SHAQ strategy for game play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2016, 07:51 PM   #52
Pro

Better matchmaking.

- Walk on: rep, have it based on average teammate grade and how many times you quit. Then match people with similar rep with each other. People who play properly won't have to deal with quitters anymore and you should see less ball hogs as well.

- Myteam: Just use the overall team grade if you want to keep it simple. I'm tired of the over the top superteams. I just want to use my realistic team against an equally flawed roster, that way it's skill vs skill instead of skill vs ratings.

Also, have an option to search for an opponent or join a lobby worldwide, just do a ping test or whatever to see if your connection qualifies. I've never had any problems with any game playing against people on another continent. Unless someone else had a bad connection of course.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:42 AM   #53
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

EVERYTHING CONTAINED IN THIS THREAD:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...es-thread.html
Old 06-11-2016, 05:30 PM   #54
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

More classic teams or some kind of legends mode.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:51 PM   #55
PC/PS4 Gamer

Rob. D's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter

16)We need to have it so that matchmaking can be set up easily. If you just came across a good crew and you want to set it up with them, it should be as easy everyone lining up in the same lobby and pressing start.
This!!! I really only turn this game on to get Pro Am games in with my friends. If we can do private Pro-Am match-ups without VC that would be great. I'm apart of a few leagues and trying to match-up with both owners hitting start at the same time is a pain. Private match-ups would allow us to create our own Pro Am leagues that we could somewhat manage ourselves. Right now you run into a crews with only 3 players too much and crews that aren't really that good. Even if you allow us to just invite all 10 players in one court and use the home and away jerseys from the players mycourt, that would work. PRO AM Private Match-making is a must IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2016, 06:54 PM   #56
Rookie

Matchmaking for mypark. Really tired of waiting, really.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »