Home

Serious Lack of Diversity

This is a discussion on Serious Lack of Diversity within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2016, 12:23 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Serious Lack of Diversity

In older 2K installments things were diverse and always different. You never saw the same jumper, clothes faces, playstyles and it was fun. The fact they removed custom combo jumpers is stupid, everyone has 27, 70, Aldridge, Kyrie or HS1. It was fun playing blacktop seeing someone use Camby/67. The attribute caps make people play 2 positions PG or C, i play with a SF, 2K screwed SF's this year because everyone complained about them being too good. But, now you rarely here people complain about 5'7 dudes postering everyone. I love this game and will continue to buy it. But, simple things like body types, hair facial structure and clothing aren't executed to their full potential.

In Nba 2k15 I personally felt that the MyPlayers looked better body and face wise, and the clothes looked better and there was more variety. I would love to see more things added than just animations, because everything in 2K currently is decided on animations....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2016, 01:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Serious Lack of Diversity

Same body types, same dribbling animations, same exact cheesy speed boost moves. Everyone has the same stat allocations. Recently, I've been seeing nothing but 6'7 PG's on 3's teams who apparently can rise up on everyone, and even get boards on a center. 2K did a good thing by making certain stat caps at different positions, but there's no reason a center should be getting back on defense before my SF can sprint up the court.

I agree with what you said about playing Center and getting posterized by 5'7, but then you cant hit a contested layup at 7'0 on a 6'3 pg. 2k's animations went over the top this year with defense. Help defense/defense on switches are trash. If you switch and are in your mans face, it's about 85% chance to go in.

All in all, I'm pretty much complaining about what everyone complains about, but hopefully 2K listens and will incorporate some changes in 2K17. Especially on the defensive side of things.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:44 PM   #3
Pro

Weight and body structure plays zero factor in the game. For example 6'2'' guard with strength of 90 can back down in post center who is 7'0'' with strength of 60-70. That is pure nonsense.

Regarding big players, their layup animations and take off time doesn't have any correlation with their weight. 320 lbs center can get up quick as 5'10' PG who weighs 160 lbs, while speed ratings do some work with speed difference it's still miles away from realistic.

Anthony Davis still can keep up with Isaiah Thomas and things like that happen often in game, i'm really looking at 2K to make each friggin' player different in terms of playing, moving, jumping, backing down, rebounding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 04-29-2016, 02:04 PM   #4
Rookie

Most of these issues are from the community itself. You tubers look for these exploits and post them and all these ppl do is look them up and roll with them. No originality in ppl these days

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2016, 02:47 PM   #5
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

i been saying this for a while. from 2k14 park to 2k16 park the game lost all sense of originality. everyone has the same jumpshots. (this is more 2k's fault than the community TBH), does the same crossovers , and due to the caps on positions, good luck seeing anything Creative since most people just going to make a 7'3 big or a 6'2 gaurd.

This is the fastest i been bored of the park /rec/pro am of the 3 games cause at this point its no fun. its pretty much the eqivalent of everyone being the same fighter on SF/Tekken
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2016, 03:00 PM   #6
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBoial
Most of these issues are from the community itself. You tubers look for these exploits and post them and all these ppl do is look them up and roll with them. No originality in ppl these days

2K can easily adjust and fix things, they just don't.

They mess with shooting all the time, but nothing else.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:17 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBoial

Some people are like that, always trying to find a way to exploit a game or to find fastest way to level up, gain some benefits or any other things that aren't illegal but developer didn't made a game to be played like that. When these people run into game that can't be exploited or they can't find a loophole to level up fast, they give up on that game and find another one where it's possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 04-29-2016, 04:15 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

just need to bring back individual stats rather than upgrading in blocks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »