Home

5'7" outside point guards

This is a discussion on 5'7" outside point guards within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2016, 01:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
5'7" outside point guards

why are these dudes able to make the smallest player possible, have 94 speed, a 94 three ball, and still be able to have a 70 driving dunk rating? there's literally only 3 dunks they can't unlock that aren't restricted to big men; historic jordan, athletic 360s, and one-hand clutch reverses. there's no downside to making the smallest pg possible and the tallest c possible on this game.

2k needs to find a balance next year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 05:00 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: 5'7" outside point guards

Well there is downside 5'7 gets blocked way too often and the 99 speed doesn't feel like 99 because your strides are much smaller than 6'5 etc guards.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2016, 05:04 AM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

They can abuse dribble moves the whole shot clock too
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 05-02-2016, 08:32 AM   #4
Pro

5'7 guards are absolute trash. Don't let the stats fool you. They get abused on defense and barely can do anything offensively when a bigger guard checks them. There were youtube videos about 5' guards being the best build possible but that wave died quick once people seen how bad they truly were.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:04 PM   #5
Pro

I wouldn't let players who are smaller than 6'0'' to even choose dunk packages, ok maybe just a rimgrazer..just maybe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 12:43 PM   #6
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Not to derail but I'm looking to make a PG for both MyCareer for some badges and for MyPark use.

I'm looking for a good build to play real style basketball with, I'm not interested in cheese or abusing the system.

Was thinking of like a 6 foot 1 PG, thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 05-02-2016, 12:59 PM   #7
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
5'7 guards are absolute trash. Don't let the stats fool you. They get abused on defense and barely can do anything offensively when a bigger guard checks them. There were youtube videos about 5' guards being the best build possible but that wave died quick once people seen how bad they truly were.
This. Every "God" build so far is garbage. I know a few people on here that will say I'm wrong, but I run a 6'6 inside SG. I have no problems covering the 1-4. Centers are tricky, so it comes down to fouling on shots, but outside rebounding centers don't work. You can't grab rebs from the 3pt line. If you ignore rebs, you will lose every awkward rebound to a smaller player with better rebounding attributes.

I've seen about everything this year. None of it is "Demigod" levels of bad. So we're on the right path, a little more balance and parity and we got a title on our hands

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 05-02-2016, 01:45 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
This. Every "God" build so far is garbage. I know a few people on here that will say I'm wrong, but I run a 6'6 inside SG. I have no problems covering the 1-4. Centers are tricky, so it comes down to fouling on shots, but outside rebounding centers don't work. You can't grab rebs from the 3pt line. If you ignore rebs, you will lose every awkward rebound to a smaller player with better rebounding attributes.

I've seen about everything this year. None of it is "Demigod" levels of bad. So we're on the right path, a little more balance and parity and we got a title on our hands
Outside centers is the way to go bro. and I don't have to grab rebounds from 3 point line since I'm running back on D when a shot goes up since it is not worth crashing the boards vs good teams. This is for pro am of course.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »