Home

Tier 3 Team Play Now Online Experiment.

This is a discussion on Tier 3 Team Play Now Online Experiment. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2016, 02:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Tier 3 Team Play Now Online Experiment.

Doing this experiment on play now online, I'm only using tier 3 teams and so far I'm 3-0 lol. First game I picked the nuggets the other guy picked the Warriors. Final score was 44-22 he quit in the second quarter lmao, the second game I picked the Suns (very underrated team) other guy picked the cavs. Final score was 73-60 that was actually a good game but I just ran away with it in the 4th and the last game I picked philly (yes the 76ixers lol) other guy had the Bucks, final score was 50-31 (only because he was getting all types of calls smh)

But moral of the story of you know how to play basketball and have high basketball IQ you can win with any team

Ps I play a sim style of basketball, meaning I run plays, take high % shots, play ON BALL DEFENSE 100% of the time, I don't force anything and I know it doesn't seem like it but 2k really rewards you for playing that way (not all the time lol)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 02:25 PM   #2
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Re: Tier 3 Team Play Now Online Experiment.

Just one question: If you play On-Ball D 100% of the time, how do you guard turbo users who run around the 3 pt. arc? Holding LT + RT for "fast shuffle" is still way too slow to guard that area. I'm fine guarding drives and mid range jumpers, but it gets really difficult for me to guard guys who have the option to drive or zig zag given the greater distance from the rim.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:46 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
Just one question: If you play On-Ball D 100% of the time, how do you guard turbo users who run around the 3 pt. arc? Holding LT + RT for "fast shuffle" is still way too slow to guard that area. I'm fine guarding drives and mid range jumpers, but it gets really difficult for me to guard guys who have the option to drive or zig zag given the greater distance from the rim.
I rarely play against guys like that anymore but when I do I just play off the ball with my center or of for a second and meet him at the rim, if he doesn't get all the way to the rim then I'm back playing on ball, I try not to fast shuffle because guys can just run right past if you do that.

Last edited by Marvlus91; 05-03-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:53 PM   #4
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlus91
I rarely play against guys like that anymore but when I do I just play off the ball with my center or of for a second and meet him at the rim, if he doesn't get all the way to the rim then I'm back playing on ball, I try not to fast shuffle because guys can just run right past if you do that.
That's a fundamental contradiction on 2k's end then. In real life, shuffling is certainly not slower!

And yes, I was off-balling only for guys that run around the 3pt area, but thought it was too cheesy on my end, but if it's truly the best way, then so be it. Thanks!
Old 05-03-2016, 04:45 PM   #5
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
That's a fundamental contradiction on 2k's end then. In real life, shuffling is certainly not slower!

And yes, I was off-balling only for guys that run around the 3pt area, but thought it was too cheesy on my end, but if it's truly the best way, then so be it. Thanks!
If you line two athletes up on a line, one guy runs straight ahead and the other shuffles ... guess who wins that race every time? Shuffling is definitely slower than running. That's why defense is about body positioning and using angles to cut off the ball handler.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 05:21 PM   #6
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
I'm a 100% on ball player....I really enjoy playing this year. Problem is, unintentionally or not, they've adjusted it several times this season.

I don't know if you've played after the latest patch, but I like where it is right now. It feels good like it did earlier in the season. First off, I would suggest turning defensive assist all the way off...you'll shuffle fastest that way. Also use the RS for cut-offs. It works great against the Bron, RWB players who run the side line.

As for the OP, I love playing with T3 teams, it's a challenge. I just won with the Sixers earlier today. TWOLVES are pretty good too.

Here are some of the cut offs I was talking about, nothing special. LeBron actually busted me a couple of times this game but I pulled out the win..

Old 05-03-2016, 05:26 PM   #7
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Good defense on your part but honestly I really dislike how that looks. I know the guy is forcing his way but he's stuck in so many animations there it's not even funny.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:41 PM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Good defense on your part but honestly I really dislike how that looks. I know the guy is forcing his way but he's stuck in so many animations there it's not even funny.
I'd agree it's not the best looking cosmetically, but I'm 100% all for situations where the dribbler is 'walled' or bounced back if I guess right. A penalty he can't bounce back from immediately. I don't look at it as stuck so much as forced.

The offense has enough weapons as it is, lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »