Home

Which 2K is for me?

This is a discussion on Which 2K is for me? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2016, 04:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Which 2K is for me?

I used to play a lot of 2k11 and 2k12. I got 2k14 when I got my XB1 and played it quite a bit, but ended up getting rid of it when 2k15 came out. I could never get into 2K15 and found it to be a fairly frustrating game. The most frustrating part was that it seemed that I turned the ball over quite a bit on what should have been pretty safe passes and I seemed to consistently miss a lot of open shots with good shooters and even uncontested layups. I also never had a lot of time for the game, so I never got very good at the game. I had more fun with 2k14 but also had the chance to play the game more and get more skilled at it.

I was thinking about going to 2K16 with the assumption that at least the graphics would be improved and it would have accurate rosters.

The allure of 2K15 is that I already have the game and there was a lot that I did like about it other than the frustrations that I had as mentioned above.

I also have considered getting a cheap used copy of 2K14 and just play that again.

Any thoughts on which I should go with? I want to play offline Association/GM, and have a very realistic feel to the game and graphics are always a good plus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2016, 05:29 PM   #2
Pro

Tekkonkinkreet's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Which 2K is for me?

2k16 with SimWorld rosters, sliders and fictional draft classes. Your MyLeague will be so much fun my man.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:46 PM   #3
Banned

2k16 is a lot better than 15.

And right now, after the latest patch, offline is playing as close to 2k11 as it has ever been.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:57 PM   #4
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

If its easy for you to buy games, pick up a used copy of 2k16 - it's better than 2k15. But if you're on a budget, 2k17 will be out in 4 months... might as well wait.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:50 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to wait for 2K17. I threw 2K15 in this weekend and actually had a blast playing it (only played one game). I think it will do for now until '17 comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 10:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

IMO 2k15 is better than 16. 2k13 is my favorite as that's the last game they had before they introduced frustrating turnover issues. 2k14 had low IQ passes, 2k15 was pretty good but had some frustrating momentum issues as well. 2k16 is the most frustrating with delayed inputs, magnetic D, impossible interceptions and auto flopping on take charge attempts.game makes you do things which you did not intend on doing to cause turnovers to happen. For instance, directional passing is completely broken.

https://vid.me/MVVG#8s

Last edited by Sleepy59; 05-11-2016 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:53 PM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Get 2k16, tune out all tbr noise and experience it for yourself...it's a great game, and the latest patch has made it even better...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »