Home

Welcome Back Zig Zag Cheese !

This is a discussion on Welcome Back Zig Zag Cheese ! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2016, 08:54 PM   #9
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Welcome Back Zig Zag Cheese !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrxtrem71
I can't stand how many online players rely on zig zag and speed boasting to have success, why can't people just play straight up.

People going to try and cheat in any game. I don't understand it personally. I can't just do stuff like that in any game and feel good about myself like I really have skills. Any game I play I try and just play it the right way.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 05-08-2016, 02:54 AM   #10
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

OVR: 0

A bunch of cheesing clowns.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:28 AM   #11
Rookie

knucklehead15's Arena

OVR: 1

And they feel the need to msg. you after they cheesed their way to a win .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2016, 11:45 AM   #12
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Is it a dribble move? It's like a quick hesi move and the player does it on a stand still. It sucks when you play as a big man and the center you're covering is just doing that.

You step back a bit to anticipate so you can cut off the drive but instead it's an easy shot. I really wish 2k would lock some dribble moves from the bigs.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2016, 12:24 PM   #13
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Zig zagging is so slow this year in comparison to last year though. If you don't try to step in front of every zig and zag they'll usually run right into you
Old 05-08-2016, 12:38 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I've had no problem staying in front of iso spammers since the patch. Before the patch, I had some trouble, even while using the fastest player build in the game (5 foot PG).

You're going to have to provide some video evidence of what you're talking about OP, because I haven't seen anything cheesy related to dribble moves in The Park or in Pro Am since patch six.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:08 PM   #15
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Is it a dribble move? It's like a quick hesi move and the player does it on a stand still. It sucks when you play as a big man and the center you're covering is just doing that.

You step back a bit to anticipate so you can cut off the drive but instead it's an easy shot. I really wish 2k would lock some dribble moves from the bigs.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
You seem to be defending the Gaurd 1 sizeup - it's a long exaggerated hesi cross: the user interrupts the animation and repeats it again going the other way.

Users have also learn to replicate this behavior using the hop step animations and they spam it from a standstill as you described.

It's definitely a side to side spam or zig zag whatever description fits best. Bigs are spamming it too.

How do you defend it? It's not as OP bursting out of the move into the drive since patch 6 dropped so you could afford to try crowding the dribbler and force a dribble pickup. Otherwise just keep swinging with him and make sure he doesn't get a clean look off.. dance with him..

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2016, 03:49 PM   #16
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
You seem to be defending the Gaurd 1 sizeup - it's a long exaggerated hesi cross: the user interrupts the animation and repeats it again going the other way.

Users have also learn to replicate this behavior using the hop step animations and they spam it from a standstill as you described.

It's definitely a side to side spam or zig zag whatever description fits best. Bigs are spamming it too.

How do you defend it? It's not as OP bursting out of the move into the drive since patch 6 dropped so you could afford to try crowding the dribbler and force a dribble pickup. Otherwise just keep swinging with him and make sure he doesn't get a clean look off.. dance with him..

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Yeah it's not as overpowered as the speed burst but extremely frustrating to cover. Playing as a center and going up a big who abuses this move drives me nuts lol if I try and crowd him he'll just drive by me and dunk and if I give the center space he'll just shoot a three...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »