Home

Meta MyPlayer Creation Guide [OC]

This is a discussion on Meta MyPlayer Creation Guide [OC] within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2016, 02:45 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Meta MyPlayer Creation Guide [OC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusDids29
Nah bro, I disagree with ur PF views.... tell Sid I said hi

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-pf-2k16.html
Yup. You shot mostly C quality shots and did and up and unders vs. lowered skilled (and sometimes not 7'3) defenders. Sure looks nice. Garbage for playing at the highest levels of play.

Still doesn't answer what the PF can do different than the center?

It doesn't. All this shows is that the user is extremely important in skill level. (Also if the people you play are much lower than your skill level, you tend to do well)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2016, 02:49 PM   #42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayellis
This man knows what hes doing. I would love to have him on my team
Having fun and playing lowered skilled players? yeah.

Competitively? He can have all the C quality shots he wants. The 7'3 is going to stand there and make the shorter player fade.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:05 PM   #43
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

A couple non meta builds I consistently win with as teammates are 6'1" Outside SG and 6'1" Inside PG.

In Park and Pro Am I believe in chemistry and I believe in the value of each person being effective with their my player.

So, I generally don't hold any bias towards a position albeit I do hold concerns at times based on experience eg; Inside C in Park who don't play their role well.

Other builds I do have include a 6'7" Outside PG who just didn't pan out the way I envisioned. I should have given him enough rebounding to snag well. I also should have maxed out his weight. I prefer using max weight - SF is 6'7" 260.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2016, 04:12 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6_Foul_Out

Competitively? He can have all the C quality shots he wants. The 7'3 is going to stand there and make the shorter player fade.

Lol.. yep, no one I play are any good. U can stand their with ur 7'3 Center holding ur nuts while I, A- buff u into the paint, B- take u outside and run past u, or C- Drop a post move on u so vicious ur head will spin and have u questioning yourself. Those C quality shots go in that's all that matters and I've eaten on tons of high quality 7'3 Centers with those "C" quality shots. Lets see what ur post work looks like.. bet it's just hooks, fades and easy lead passes in the paint for dunks.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:02 PM   #45
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusDids29
Lol.. yep, no one I play are any good. U can stand their with ur 7'3 Center holding ur nuts while I, A- buff u into the paint, B- take u outside and run past u, or C- Drop a post move on u so vicious ur head will spin and have u questioning yourself. Those C quality shots go in that's all that matters and I've eaten on tons of high quality 7'3 Centers with those "C" quality shots. Lets see what ur post work looks like.. bet it's just hooks, fades and easy lead passes in the paint for dunks.
You straight man, I seen your video highlights - what's your PF build?

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 05-30-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2016, 07:42 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
You straight man, I seen your video highlights - what's your PF build?

Thanks bro..... he is an outside PF
Old 05-30-2016, 08:57 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6_Foul_Out

The Playing style Russ plays via Post moves, Face Ups, Pass Fakes etc....is just a more realistic style of playing. It's funner and a breath of fresh air. To assume that Centers can just stand there and play contest defense against him is also assuming that he hasn't practiced on how to counter people who play defense like that. Cause like you we put deliberate time in how to counter physical body animations, what to do when the double team comes and what moves chain good off of certain pivots/physical body animations. All the moves he does work great against all levels of competition and all types of players ranging from 7ft3 Centers to 5ft7 PG's. Him being able to score on the Blocks has been a huge asset to the style of ball we play on 2K because he can stretch the floor, out maneuver Centers in Space, and Bang with Bigs in the paint...#VersatilePlayer

However, A5 I get it though your right about alot of the things you said in your META BUILD post. I mean we can all easily follow META BUILDS and play like the rest of the 2K Community which Consists of Cutting down the middle for Buckets 24/7, Running in Circles holding Turbo to get free from Defenders, or whatever the new popular 2k tactic is at the moment. But fact of the matter is there are two different competitive styles of playing 2K. There are people who are rating dependent and have no BASKETBALL IQ so they all use the same PLAYER BUILDS and COPY each others SIGNATURE STYLES, or there are players who are non-rating dependent and focus on Real Basketball IQ and the PLAYER BUILDS or SIGNATURE styles just become a preference for the style of playing that fits them best.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:35 AM   #48
Rookie

Good stuff OP

However I play with a "non-meta' build and do should pretty decently. Because I see the same cookie-cuter builds, I know how to defend them, but since I dont run a meta build I can take avandtage of Park players not being used to my style

Last edited by JUSTlFIED; 05-31-2016 at 11:43 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »