Home

Lead Pass Defense Discussion

This is a discussion on Lead Pass Defense Discussion within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2016, 05:51 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Lead Pass Defense Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
That's some of the most cheesy ish in the game though. They can make it so that you can literally not press turbo when you are near the basket. That's not a fix, that's just stopping something cheesy with something arguably even more cheesy.

-Smak
Don't hold turbo solved. An nba player can't run full speed right into people so i think you are the cheese.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Last edited by downsouth; 05-11-2016 at 05:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 09:54 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth
Don't hold turbo solved. An nba player can't run full speed right into people so i think you are the cheese.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
An nba player also can't reach full speed in 1 or 2 feet of space. Why should I not use turbo at all around the rim? It basically is that level, tho, you are right. If you face someone who is properly doing that (maybe the badge matters, too?) you can't touch turbo at all.

I haven't tried just non-turboing thru them, basically what I do is take a huge path around them. Because they are just standing there in that take charge animation waiting to suck you in. It's way more effective than any other charge animation.

Seems you play that way, tho. Good luck.

-Smak
Old 05-12-2016, 10:10 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Two wrongs don't make a right.

The off-ball charge is not a basketball solution to a video game problem.

It's a video game solution to a video game problem.

Off-ball charges hardly ever happen in real basketball.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:20 AM   #28
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Its all because ball isn't completely separate projectile that can be interacted with in mid air. Its always "enchanted" by player ratings/badges and if that pass goes off from pg with 94 pass and gold dimer its not gonna hit the defender's arm. Its funny how u can deflect pass sometime without even hiting steal button when passer is somebody with lower pass rating and without dimer badge.

Only , easy band aid, solution I can see to this is global increase to reaction time rating for all myplayers. It definitely got effect on pass interceptions and with high enough rating you might be able to pick off the terrible lead passes.

Last edited by Vroman; 05-13-2016 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:57 PM   #29
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Just make the hands attribute actually matter, and take the ball off of its imaginary strings and implement it as a real object in the game world.

I can't even count the amount of times that I have seen my players hands go through a ball and not interact with it, and on the flipside i've seen passes get deflected without actually touching anything.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:30 PM   #30
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Oh yea so I'm totally done with Pro-Am unless it's Walk On or I'm REALLY just that bored and wanna "do it" to myself...

By that I mean...

So me and my two friends decided since we had 3 let's try and get back into some competition. I was surprised to see we were still top 5K in rank considering we haven't played in literally over 3 months but you know..that's not the point.

My point guard (irl) ran the point; came out got double digit assists, hit some layups, played good d, and limited his mistakes. Nothing out of the ordinary.

My other friend ran his Kawhi-clone at small forward. Hit some open threes, attacked the rim, and covered the wings. Again, did what he had to.

Now I played center. I come out and get 20 and 20 with 5 blocks and a few assists and steals. Missed 1 shot and hit all my free throws....

So what's wrong? I played Mr. Cheeseball.

His offense in the post? Lead passes through me and when I was in position to defend him? Pump fake, pump fake, pump fake...(I HAVE MY CONTEST ON MANUAL 2K...MANUAL) still makes me jump into a foul. LOL....right.
Not just that, but apparently if you keep doing post spins into me it'll throw me down as well and call a block...but anyway.

I got 4 fouls and we had to switch matchups. I covered their 3 and still shut him down but my 3 had to switch onto the center. Did a good enough job but once the 4th game and we switched back the game went from double digit lead to a back and forth contest and I had to play conservative.

We got a stop with 6 seconds left. We're down 3. Timeout.
Computer inbounds to our point.
Ties it up at the buzzer with a 3.
OT.

Back and forth still.
They have the ball with 3 seconds left.
Lead pass directly through my head into a speed boosted center for a wide open dunk.

Wasn't even mad. If that's how dudes gotta win, and it makes them feel good on the inside...nice. Take that win then. 2K you gotta erase this. That's the laziest, most sorry, pathetic tactic to win a game I ever seen.

-Allen Iverson
Old 05-13-2016, 10:00 PM   #31
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Yeah I hate playing big man sometimes because of that overpowered pass .

HowDare1 what build is he using for the Kawhi like clone ? Wouldn't it be better to just make a 6'7 PG ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2016, 11:46 PM   #32
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Yeah I hate playing big man sometimes because of that overpowered pass .

HowDare1 what build is he using for the Kawhi like clone ? Wouldn't it be better to just make a 6'7 PG ?
He got a 6'7 outside small forward with max defense. And he only made a sf cuz if he made a point he'd be playing 2 guard when we only have 3 on lol

-Allen Iverson

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »