Home

Cheese or Sim ? This 2K16 technique is way too strong .. foul or fair game ?

This is a discussion on Cheese or Sim ? This 2K16 technique is way too strong .. foul or fair game ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: This is SIM or Cheese ?
Cheese Online + Offline 16 61.54%
Sim Online + Offline 5 19.23%
Cheese Offline, Sim Online 5 19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2016, 08:14 AM   #1
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
Cheese or Sim ? This 2K16 technique is way too strong .. foul or fair game ?

This technique is incredibly strong, AI is hopeless against it on any difficulty level. I am not too concerned about AI defence though, since it can be broken 1000 different ways usually. My question as to if this is fair or foul is in regards to user vs user. You can use the gameplay of me using this technqiue online below to judge for yourself.

I am excited i figure this out, but at the same time the success rate is so ridiculous i don't know how to feel... Will i use it against a user ? Definitely. However, i will likely shelve this against the AI since it can't do a thing against it. Let me know how you feel in the comment section and the poll. I am always curious to gauge how hardcore players of 2K feel about techniques THIS POWERFUL...

Regards,

Sam Pham
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 09:23 AM   #2
Pro

KwiLL23's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Cheese or Sim ? This 2K16 technique is way too strong .. foul or fair game ?

Others may think it's cheese, but it can be stopped by bringing help defense off ball. Stopping the first slash with off ball wing help, then stopping the fade with the hedge defender like in real life basketball, then for the final slash destroy him with the the help from the off ball center. Not many will be able to pick up on this skill since it's advanced and not many will be able to stop it. It takes stick skills to do the two and I'm not antagonizing any one here, I'm not that type of person. I'm just speaking some truth so please anyone don't take my post the wrong way. However, I will say that 2K needs to rework the cuts for a better balance. At the same time cuts are in real life basketball and if you are denying a shooter in real life, then majority will cut to the basket for easy buckets. So pick your poison wisely. The "Katana Technique" is great. Reiterating myself, some that will try to abuse the technique will mess up on one of the slashes or all and the AI will adapt in my opinion. If not, you as the user will have to take control of your defense.

Last edited by KwiLL23; 05-11-2016 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Added more.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:31 AM   #3
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Re: Cheese or Sim ? This 2K16 technique is way too strong .. foul or fair game ?

It's the cavs, they have no chance either way.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:42 AM   #4
Banned

Option 1: The turbo offensive player always has an advantage in this game. That is very difficult to defend. Computers have 0 chance, a person in a normal h2h more so, but not really.

Bad game mechanics. This will always be advantageous to the offensive player.

It certainly isn't fun to play people who turbo to the basket all game.

Option 2: This is fine. simple PNF where you need to use settings and respond accordingly.

Option 3: This is the same as the option 1. The turbo offensive player will always have the advantage against the defender. The defender struggles to handle this.

It's not going to be fun playing this. You're not learning anything or having fun by beating somebody with the turbo button.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:36 AM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I guess I'd like to see video of how to stop it. Instead of all these videos of how to do it. I'm still shocked you haven't shown anyone any kind of post or dribbles moves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 11:37 AM   #6
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6_Foul_Out
Option 1: The turbo offensive player always has an advantage in this game. That is very difficult to defend. Computers have 0 chance, a person in a normal h2h more so, but not really.

Bad game mechanics. This will always be advantageous to the offensive player.

It certainly isn't fun to play people who turbo to the basket all game.

Option 2: This is fine. simple PNF where you need to use settings and respond accordingly.

Option 3: This is the same as the option 1. The turbo offensive player will always have the advantage against the defender. The defender struggles to handle this.

It's not going to be fun playing this. You're not learning anything or having fun by beating somebody with the turbo button.
Agree and to add... "Anyone can press a button....."
Old 05-11-2016, 12:16 PM   #7
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

The manual y cuts and the give and go are the most overpowered and lamest parts of 2k16. However, i dont think cheese exists anymore in head to head games. People really need to understand that defense is 5 on 5 and not a 1 on 1 on ball contest. If a person thinks that everything revolves around on ball defense and explosion out of dribble moves then they are missing 90 percent of what basketball is about. Sam may be unconventional, but i think most of the things he shows are based in basketball fundamentals if you look at it from a 360 view.

I dont personally think that running y cuts and give n go all game is very realistic or fun to play against, but i dont think it is cheese. Keep doing your thing Sam. Your hard work is appreciated and i have learned alot from the videos.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 05-11-2016, 02:34 PM   #8
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
The manual y cuts and the give and go are the most overpowered and lamest parts of 2k16. However, i dont think cheese exists anymore in head to head games. People really need to understand that defense is 5 on 5 and not a 1 on 1 on ball contest. If a person thinks that everything revolves around on ball defense and explosion out of dribble moves then they are missing 90 percent of what basketball is about. Sam may be unconventional, but i think most of the things he shows are based in basketball fundamentals if you look at it from a 360 view.

I dont personally think that running y cuts and give n go all game is very realistic or fun to play against, but i dont think it is cheese. Keep doing your thing Sam. Your hard work is appreciated and i have learned alot from the videos.
I'm probably his biggest critic lol. I'm pretty sure he like "oh boy he comes jeebs and his post game bs. That was months ago. Let it go!" lmao

I will say I didn't use the cut button much at first. It's it helps in different situations. I just wish there was more outcomes for bad use.

But on the other hand if you play someone who uses the cut button his main scoring option it can be super annoying.

A great example of using it is when a human or cpu is denying. It's free cuts to the basket all day. I just was the defense reacted better to these situation.
https://youtu.be/hqTiPqLNK30?t=1m1s

Last edited by jeebs9; 05-11-2016 at 02:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »