Home

People who play zone with Elite Tier 1 teams..

This is a discussion on People who play zone with Elite Tier 1 teams.. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2016, 04:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
People who play zone with Elite Tier 1 teams..

Sometimes I just have to shake my head, I know alot of zone killer plays (Horns Formation) and I have to ask if anyone play zone with tier 1 teams why do you play zone? Cavs/Warriors and Thunders have one of the best defense in the game so why don't you take advantage of man to man, play onball defense and if you get beat you have great help defense... Im talking about on GOAT rankings I still see people play zone, how does it benefits you in any way? Alot of good players know how to kill zone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 05:53 PM   #2
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Re: People who play zone with Elite Tier 1 teams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law504
Sometimes I just have to shake my head, I know alot of zone killer plays (Horns Formation) and I have to ask if anyone play zone with tier 1 teams why do you play zone? Cavs/Warriors and Thunders have one of the best defense in the game so why don't you take advantage of man to man, play onball defense and if you get beat you have great help defense... Im talking about on GOAT rankings I still see people play zone, how does it benefits you in any way? Alot of good players know how to kill zone.
I also wonder why as well, considering zone kills stamina in this game.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:02 PM   #3
Pro

El_Tercero's Arena

I play zone for about 3-4 possessions in a game just to throw something different at my opponent to keep him guessing or to make him uncomfortable. It is definitely more fun playing vs a man to man defense, so I see why people get mad when people play zone. However, I do no think it is a cheese move. Zone defense is a part of basketball. But to see why others possibly play zone through the most part of the game is because some don't necessarily play team ball but focus on isolation ball. Zone defense is a good way to take away their opponents strengths.

But myself I stick to man to man because zone defense for a long period of time leaves the opportunity for a lot of open 3's.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:11 PM   #4
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

I only play zone against teams with very few shooters. Crowd the paint and force them into jumpshots. Then when I see them getting a bit of a flow with their passes I'll switch back to man, and it usually throws them off
Old 05-11-2016, 06:16 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

Zones are a part of basketball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 07:03 PM   #6
Rookie

I know its a part of basketball but if someone is killing you like shooting 7/11 in 3's, shouldnt you go to man to man, or they what you to keep shooting 3's and just want to protect the paint?
Old 05-11-2016, 07:22 PM   #7
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law504
I know its a part of basketball but if someone is killing you like shooting 7/11 in 3's, shouldnt you go to man to man, or they what you to keep shooting 3's and just want to protect the paint?
It's the way they like to play. So what? Not everyone understands these concepts and is just more comfortable playing a different way. Let them be.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:53 PM   #8
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

I might bust out a zone for maybe a quarter at most if I'm getting killed in man to man, just to throw out a different look. I'm not a big fan of it though.

Against a competent player zone sucks this year. It's amazing how most people online don't know how to beat it. I get excited when I play zone users because I know I'm going to be raining threes all game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »