Home

#Breakthegame

This is a discussion on #Breakthegame within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2016, 07:39 AM   #33
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: #Breakthegame

Monopoly:

Quote:
the exclusive possession or control of the supply or trade in a commodity or service.
It's not a difference in opinion so much as it's a misuse of the word. I'd love to see SCEA sue 2k for their 'kindve monopoly' because they have DLC.

As far as the actual topic though, if you really want to make a difffence, go to twitter with your feedback and attach the hash tag to it ....that's the stuff that gets looked at. We can theorize how it's going to be the end of the world and debate amongst ourselves all we want here but it won't make much of a difference without actually taking action.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 05-21-2016 at 07:49 AM.
Old 05-28-2016, 06:58 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Monopoly:

It's not a difference in opinion so much as it's a misuse of the word. I'd love to see SCEA sue 2k for their 'kindve monopoly' because they have DLC.

As far as the actual topic though, if you really want to make a difffence, go to twitter with your feedback and attach the hash tag to it ....that's the stuff that gets looked at. We can theorize how it's going to be the end of the world and debate amongst ourselves all we want here but it won't make much of a difference without actually taking action.
I agree the DLC route is wrong... if only because it's such an unexplored territory, but I believe the debate people have over misuse of the word comes from their understanding that the end result of a monopoly is to fix a price and/or charge more than the product is worth.

One can argue that in regards to video games, that will never happen because the price is already set, as well as competition being not just other games of the genre, but other games in general. As well as, arguably, other systems, etc etc.

However, if we think of a monopoly as something that forces the hand of its customers, then that happens in games. It happens in 2k.

Once something dominates the market like that, they begin to slip things in like ads or usage statistics... think of the internet or YouTube or Google or Facebook. You don't *have* to use any of those things, but doing so is a good choice. They balance known BS/privacy issues/ads/etc with convenience. In the same way, I think that's what a 'new monopoly' is.

Legally, everything is so vast and hard to define so, you can't sue them for it. When I speak of it, I am speaking of that sort of 'bully' behavior that means you either have to give up something you like or endure it, as well as the lack of drive that competition brings.

And in our country, it seems a large, devoted company can get to that top spot and starve out the competition, then start adding in unwanted things.

-Smak
Old 05-28-2016, 10:36 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 0

You know in finance problem is not only monopoly "when you have no competition at all" (which 2k is not a monopoly)

but also a DOMINANT POSITION, which 2k clearly has.

It is like if Pepsi and Coca-Cola would merge? Would they be a monopoly? No.

Would the competition comittee allow the merge? No way, as it hurts the market through DOMINANT POSITION

2k produces me a product which I enjoy, but clearly takes advantages of it's dominant position in the market for example by not listing the posibilities of the packs in microtransactions,or by not stating clear enough that this could lead to an addiction for adults AND minors

Also, from FINANCIAL/competitive law perspective it is really unclear if having the monopoly of the DLC in the games is legal. Thing about a coffee machine (nespresso e.g) that takes capsules.

You do know that other companies aside from Nestle can produce capsules that work with Nespresso right?

So is it ok for 2k that they are the only producer of packs MT?

Seems that competitive laws have huge holes in electronic trade that do not correspond with non electronic/normal trade. I believe this should change sooner than later

PS. In comparison to FIFA UT, MyTeam is much more greedy. FUT awards you with coins after every game that cover the contracts AND a lump sum after every season/seed finishes. This amount can be used to build a team. In addition their special cards are each time only 1 attribute time better than current player with a price at least 10-20 times more. So a "current" 85 rated Cavani would cost 5k and the IF would cost 100k rated 86. Means that a player that has spend a lot of monet with IF/TOTS cards wil have an edge but in NO way such and advantage as someone that has a diamond squad vs one with a Gold squad. Do a comparison of PO Lillard vs Current Lillard. There are no fantasy cards in FIFA. There is no Ibrahimovic with 94 speed as there is a Wade with 94 3.

All in all FIFA respects more the player that does not want to spend money vs 2k.

Last edited by kabamaru; 05-28-2016 at 02:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2016, 08:02 PM   #36
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
I think they look at places like this too (I would, if I were them).

I've seen games using Operation Sports reviews as a selling point (might have been 2k?).

You know what also makes a big difference? Not sucking on the 2k wang... let's stop giving em blow jobs like they can do no wrong. Yeah the game is cool, but they do some pretty lame stuff too.

VC system alone should be enough for customers to be ranting.

Last edited by SirGaryColeman; 05-28-2016 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:14 PM   #37
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I think they look at places like this too (I would, if I were them).

I've seen games using Operation Sports reviews as a selling point (might have been 2k?).

You know what also makes a big difference? Not sucking on the 2k wang... let's stop giving em blow jobs for ripping people off. Yeah the game is cool, but they do some pretty lame stuff too.
Sure they look here for wishlists/suggestions, but we're discussing the hash tag, that's the stuff they look at...this is what I do for a living....

I'm not even going to address that last paragraph because I'm an adult....but putting a hash tag in the bottom left hand corner of the screen isn't ripping you off..
Old 05-29-2016, 01:07 PM   #38
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:

I'm not even going to address that last paragraph because I'm an adult....but putting a hash tag in the bottom left hand corner of the screen isn't ripping you off..
I'm not talking about the hashtag, I'm talking about the other stuff. My bad if it's off-topic to this thread, then.

I'm referencing the fact the a ton of stuff is broken in the game. I should be looking for the #GameAlreadyBroke thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »