Home

5 Things I'd like to see in 2k17 Walk-on Pro-Am (REC Mode)

This is a discussion on 5 Things I'd like to see in 2k17 Walk-on Pro-Am (REC Mode) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2016, 05:49 PM   #1
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
5 Things I'd like to see in 2k17 Walk-on Pro-Am (REC Mode)

I love Pro-Am Walk-on because it lets casual gamers play with randoms, but it sure is boring and ends up being more of a pain to play than it should be. I think it could be fixed very easily, though.

5 Easy things they could fix right now:
- Ability to play with 6 players and 4 computers if 10 don't join (exactly like Allstar team-up)
- If the entire team quits, the game ends instead of forcing you to finish vs computers (like it does in Pro-am Team)
- Shorter Free Throw downtime
- Ability to play in an Arena with an Audience (like pro-am team, but not custom)
- Better Stat Tracking (show stats the same way an NBA broadcast does during downtime (FTs). And give us a Player of the Game and other awards after the game ends...)

5 Things that would be nice, but require some effort:

- More than one gym/arena to play in
- Commentary using nicknames/jersey numbers
- Reputation that results in cosmetic awards... IE: You're a Legend, so the audience will hold up pictures of your face or chant MVP when you shoot
- Teams you can join and play for a championship with (similar to how the park has 3 "teams" that fight for a championship)
- Connection Stability!! I think forcing you to have 10 people to start the game is the main reason it's hard to start a game, but it can take 30min to get a game going.

Last edited by SirGaryColeman; 05-16-2016 at 05:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2016, 05:51 PM   #2
Pro

Re: 5 Things I'd like to see in 2k17 Walk-on Pro-Am (REC Mode)

Get rid of Walk on and bring back the rec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2016, 06:24 PM   #3
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunechid
Get rid of Walk on and bring back the rec
Walk-on is basically the rec.

The only difference is that you can't walk around freely, you are "stuck" in a poorly designed matchmaking locker room.

You can still see up to 30 other people playing on those other courts, which is how you know they are using the same system. It's pretty dumb, considering 40 people on one server will create lag... might as well just let people walk around if you're not going to optimize it.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:28 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
Walk-on is basically the rec.

The only difference is that you can't walk around freely, you are "stuck" in a poorly designed matchmaking locker room.

You can still see up to 30 other people playing on those other courts, which is how you know they are using the same system. It's pretty dumb, considering 40 people on one server will create lag... might as well just let people walk around if you're not going to optimize it.

40 people on one server is a lot of people , lol how many people you think are at the park ? More than the rec
Old 05-16-2016, 06:36 PM   #5
Pro

- Have 3 tiers for matchmaking. What i mean is put people together based on overall: for example tier 3 is <70, tier 2 is 70-85, tier 1 >85.

- Or, my preference, have a rep system. Not for rewards or anything like that, simply for matchmaking. Based on quitting and teammate grade. So if you quit a lot and/or have poor TG your rep will go down and you'll play others like you. This way people with high rep get the opportunity to actually get in an enjoyable competitive walk on game.

- Definitely agree with multiple courts. In another thread for example i suggested a pro am "world tour". Pretty self explanatory, basically you'd have a bunch of both outdoor and indoor courts in different settings. A sunny beach, high school gym, a snowy mountain top, in a big barn, in the desert next to a pyramid, prison yard, on the moon, whatever, anything you can imagine. Obviously don't turn it into another park mode, keep the gameplay sim (well... as much as possible) with regular rules, on superstar or at least allstar, etc.

Then if you really want a tangible reward for higher rep you can go ahead and let guys with higher rep have more courts to play on.

- Have matchmaking put people in their primary or secondary position. No more 6 foot guards at pf/c etc.

- Also agree with ending the game if the entire opposing team quits. Don't really care for the other suggestions except for connection stability of course.

EDIT: Almost forgot, the background courts with active games have to go. One court will do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2016, 06:41 PM   #6
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
- Have 3 tiers for matchmaking. What i mean is put people together based on overall: for example tier 3 is <70, tier 2 is 70-85, tier 1 >85.

- Or, my preference, have a rep system.

- Definitely agree with multiple courts. In another thread for example i suggested a pro am "world tour". Pretty self explanatory, basically you'd have a bunch of both outdoor and indoor courts in different settings. A sunny beach, high school gym, a snowy mountain top, in a big barn, in the desert next to a pyramid, prison yard, on the moon, whatever, anything you can imagine. Obviously don't turn it into another park mode, keep the gameplay sim (well... as much as possible) with regular rules, on superstar or at least allstar, etc.

Then if you really want a tangible reward for higher rep you can go ahead and let guys with higher rep have more courts to play on.
Did you play the NBA Live 16 demo? They had much nicer looking courts for pro-am games...

And I definitely like your ideas for better matchmaking based on rep, and ability to choose your position.

A lot these things are already in the game, but in different modes. You can basically choose your position in Allstar Team-up, I don't get why you can't do it in any other mode.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Need lobbies for pro am. So we can match up with teams and make leagues. Bring back rec instead of walk on as well as give us REP
Old 05-16-2016, 08:52 PM   #8
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt_XxX
Need lobbies for pro am. So we can match up with teams and make leagues. Bring back rec instead of walk on as well as give us REP
Leagues would be way too awesome, would probably fit better with the "pro am team," but they need some kind of Free Agents list in the game, that you can sort by Position, Rating, W/L, etc. and recruit and join multiple teams.

Instead, they told us to use a hashtag on twitter. I think they didn't finish the mode in time, so I'm hoping we get all of this in 2k17

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »