Home

Pick One: National Teams or College Teams

This is a discussion on Pick One: National Teams or College Teams within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2015, 12:56 AM   #1
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Pick One: National Teams or College Teams

So this year we got a lot of wishlist type of items checked off with the game. There's still a few left that I won't bother with trying to get into here and the game is by no means perfect, but boy did they do a good job this year.

Anyway, we finally saw the return of college basketball in the beginning of MyCareer. It was the smallest of tastes, but it was enough to make the appetite for college hoops to have an expanded presence in 2K17 in my view. Preferably we would get a full blown college hoops title so I don't have to settle for being a one and done player if I don't want to and we can get the full on experience of playing full college seasons and full NCAA tournaments.

On the other side, being able to make our own little makeshift national teams with the relocation feature has only further highlighted the need for national teams in the NBA 2K franchise. Getting FIBA licensed and signed up for 2K17 is probably at the top of my wishlist at this point.

I'd love to see both in game, but let's just say for argument's sake that only one thing is possible to be in the game, what would you prefer? Further expansion of college hoops into MyCareer with more schools, more time in your college career and more tournament games or would you rather see national team implementation into MyCareer? I wouldn't limit these to just MyCareer either. Allowing national teams to be played in quick games or starting a MyLeague or MyGM with an NBA team and then choosing a national team to manage as well or in the case of MyGM having your GM chosen to run your national team during the summers would be a great experience I think. Anyway, I wanna know what you guys think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 01:19 AM   #2
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pick One: National Teams or College Teams

I'd be okay with a College Hoops game even if all the players were fictional. I know a lot of people here would team up and do the rosters as long as the CAP feature is top-notch. That's a suggestion I hear Brian Mazique talk about a lot. It'd be cooler if we could copy/paste players between the College Hoops game and draft classes in 2K17. That'd be awesome.

So, yeah, NCAA teams for sure. National teams are cool, but that college atmosphere is what I really want. I don't even watch college basketball as much as I watch the NBA, but that college culture is so much more fun to play in.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:21 AM   #3
MVP

Trent Booty's Arena

At first, I was going to write "national teams, and give us a college hoops game."

But I think with college teams having a impact on MyCareer this year and probably future years, I'd like to see you play your HS year while they sim year one (2016-2017 if this was in next years game) and you can like go on your computer or go in the menus and see results or whatever, then year two you go to college and can do the same thing, and play a longer college season and actually play through a 64-team tournament, even if you only play like 4 regular season games. Then also give you the option to play all four years, or two, or three, or whatever.

Giving us full control and not making it so much about the Spike Lee movie would've made this years MyCareer the GOAT.

I'd love to go to Gonzaga or EWU after not doing amazing in HS and only getting offers from local teams (you could choose from default high schools, but pick a region, where the schools in that area are more likely to notice you) and lead them to the elite eight my freshman year, only to get beat by 1 seed UConn or something. It would make me want to go back for a second year and potentially win the title (while they sim year 3) that way you can get to the league and see what's changed, whether it be in 2018-2019 or even 2021-2022)

Also giving us the option to make it so whenever you go to the NBA, you can start in year one like this year would be cool too. I think it would be so cool, I'd probably have like two or three different careers going, as I usually just have one main career going and I play ~15 years with him and try and get him to make the HOF. (I've never made the HOF before lol, this year might be my first.)

I think more options for us, the people playing the game, and not forcing us to leave school after a year, or whatever would be simply amazing.

TL/DR: College teams, as it would make MyCareer so much more fun.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:15 AM   #4
Banned

why isn't Duke in the game?
Old 06-26-2016, 11:44 AM   #5
Rookie

National teams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2016, 10:42 PM   #6
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

We need a college hoops game bad. I reduced watching college because the there wasn't anymore College Hoops. Make it a download with the most generic players. NCAA needs to put their greed aside and work with 2K.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:22 AM   #7
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

As a european I'd go for national teams personally. I would love that. I'am not into college basketball enough to be interested in them.

Last edited by Vni; 06-27-2016 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:50 AM   #8
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

National Teams

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »