Home

NBA 2K16 Announces 2K StreamCast Feature For Road to the Finals eSports Competition

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Announces 2K StreamCast Feature For Road to the Finals eSports Competition within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2016, 01:51 PM   #57
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Announces 2K StreamCast Feature For Road to the Finals eSports Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I watched a couple of games, judging by the comments I thought it would be way worse than it was....should've known better though- lol

Some of these were actually a good watch some not so much. Also agree with Goffs, puts a direct video on some stuff that needs to be eliminated.
It really wasn't that bad. 2K has done a good job eliminating the cheesier moves. But it wasn't that good either. Remember that these are the best of the best teams competing for $250,000 and a trip to the Nba finals. There was little to any actual basketball strategy. JYoung pretty much hit the nail on the head on how teams played.

I would have rather seen an All-Star team up tournament. These meta players are pretty much good at everything. Add to the fact that you only see 4-5 builds and you see the same playstyles throughout. Actual NBA players have strength as well as weaknesses so maybe you might see a little more strategy and diversity.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:52 PM   #58
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K16 Announces 2K StreamCast Feature For Road to the Finals eSports Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyslexicphish
It really wasn't that bad. 2K has done a good job eliminating the cheesier moves. But it wasn't that good either. Remember that these are the best of the best teams competing for $250,000 and a trip to the Nba finals. There was little to any actual basketball strategy. JYoung pretty much hit the nail on the head on how teams played.

I would have rather seen an All-Star team up tournament. These meta players are pretty much good at everything. Add to the fact that you only see 4-5 builds and you see the same playstyles throughout. Actual NBA players have strength as well as weaknesses so maybe you might see a little more strategy and diversity.
Yeah, I wasn't blown away or anything, just wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't these the 'best' teams pre the last patch?
Old 05-22-2016, 03:03 PM   #59
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, I wasn't blown away or anything, just wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't these the 'best' teams pre the last patch?
Patch 6 came out the third or fourth and the last two dates for the rttf was the seventh and eighth so it's cutting it close. OG and LD were saying on twitch that this year was just 2k getting their feet wet into the esports world so I'm interested where they go with it.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:11 PM   #60
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
I watched a couple of games, judging by the comments I thought it would be way worse than it was....should've known better though- lol

Some of these were actually a good watch some not so much. Also agree with Goffs, puts a direct video on some stuff that needs to be eliminated.
I thought the same thing. I watched the finals game on the XB1, and I didn't see anything cheesy or excessive. The games were watchable. I saw good ball movement, and could tell that there was good communication on the defensive side of the ball.

The problem is that people were expecting to see REAL basketball with real teams and coach, and forgot that they were watching a VIDEO GAME. I didn't watch the games expecting to see what I would see in a NBA game. I watched it expecting to see video game basketball, and wasn't disappointed. Honestly, I was expecting to see more hero ball and an ungodly amount of paint pound and/or 3PT shooting. I was pleasantly surprised to a good balance of scoring.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:17 PM   #61
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyslexicphish

I WILL agree with this. Since everyone can pretty much create the same maxed players with an abundance of badges. If 2K Sports is serious about NBA 2K being in e-sports, then I think they should cap players where you're forced to have some type of "weakness" or set it up where you can only have a certain number of 90/80/70 overall players on one team. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Some people are going to cry that they should be allowed to create the team however they want; however, I think THIS would promote strategy and diversity as to what you will see in a typical e-sport matchup between two teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2016, 04:53 PM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

There was also a crucial flagrant foul called in the final minute of one of the middle round games on PS4. For 2K17 I'd like to see a 0% chance of a flagrant foul occurring if you have your assist off and you're using the right joystick. Those should only happen if you're using the most aggressive contest in the game (turbo + jump).
Would love to see badges play a roll in this as well. 10 year vets with Mentor and Nice guy badges shouldn't do this too often.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:58 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I WILL agree with this. Since everyone can pretty much create the same maxed players with an abundance of badges. If 2K Sports is serious about NBA 2K being in e-sports, then I think they should cap players where you're forced to have some type of "weakness" or set it up where you can only have a certain number of 90/80/70 overall players on one team. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Some people are going to cry that they should be allowed to create the team however they want; however, I think THIS would promote strategy and diversity as to what you will see in a typical e-sport matchup between two teams.
I agree with you, I feel like 2k does need to make changes, and I definitely think they will, but lets not excuse the community. If the whole community was going to watch you live and you're playing for 250k, why would you not want to stand out? I can't understand why all of these dudes wanted to look the exact same, have the same ads, basically be "basic". Offense didn't come easy... A lot of it was transition. Surely I thought that there would be one team to actually have an set offense... and yes it is doable. I'm not judging them for cheesing at all, I'm saying it wasn't effective and halfcourt scoring was hard for most teams because everyone is used to it. I feel like teams would have had better success if they actually tried to use a freelance offense instead of the bandwagon cheese, but with all of that said..... I have no room to talk, because I didn't qualify lol. I give mad props to both teams in the final on XB1 though for the best defense I've seen on this game.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:00 PM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
People in the chat complaining about everything and anything. My favorite is how they keep calling out 2K for their poor commentating...like what do you want them to say?

No real basketball strategy going on, cheese everywhere, awful teams/players...hard to be a commentator on that.
You could commentate anything professionally and with enthusiasm if you're knowledgeable and personable enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifr0IZb1ed0

29:00

This is a 10 year old game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »