Home

The NBA Draft Lottery Is Done, Where Do Teams Go From Here?

This is a discussion on The NBA Draft Lottery Is Done, Where Do Teams Go From Here? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2016, 10:36 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: The NBA Draft Lottery Is Done, Where Do Teams Go From Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
Better idea and something I should've thought of, but I couldn't go any lower than Boston's pick. I'd rather deal with Phoenix, though. Would they give up Devin Booker and the #4 pick (maybe #13, too) to move up to #1?

I'd also like to add that I don't believe any of this is going to happen and that I don't covet Simmons or Ingram the way everyone else seems to. I believe they're more likely to be busts than stars. This draft has 2005 written all over it.
No chance the Suns do that. Booker is a really good prospect. I don't think they're a good trade partner. Here is one that makes sense:

Celtics trade: #3, #16, and a a 2nd for #1. Then they flip #1 and Bradley or Smart for Butler or some star.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:52 AM   #18
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
No chance the Suns do that. Booker is a really good prospect. I don't think they're a good trade partner. Here is one that makes sense:

Celtics trade: #3, #16, and a a 2nd for #1. Then they flip #1 and Bradley or Smart for Butler or some star.
How about #3 and Brooklyn's 2017 1st round pick for #1? Do you think they would go for that?

I'm with you on Booker, but I would try if I were Philly. Would Phoenix go for #4, #13 (or #28, if that's too much) and T.J. Warren (perhaps Teletovic, if they're also unwilling to part with Warren) for #1?

Last edited by TheVinylHippo; 05-19-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:59 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
How about #3 and Brooklyn's 2017 1st round pick for #1? Do you think they would go for that?

I'm with you on Booker, but I would try if I were Philly. Would Phoenix go for #4, #13 (or #28, if that's too much) and T.J. Warren (perhaps Teletovic, if they're also unwilling to part with Warren) for #1?

Yeah I think the Brooklyn pick is probably too valuable as well. I think the Phoenix thing could work for both teams. Putting Ingram/Simmons with Booker would really increase the rebuild for Suns. They probably go Simmons.

Philly probably would need #13 to save face.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:06 AM   #20
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Yeah I think the Brooklyn pick is probably too valuable as well. I think the Phoenix thing could work for both teams. Putting Ingram/Simmons with Booker would really increase the rebuild for Suns. They probably go Simmons.

Philly probably would need #13 to save face.
I'd take Denzel Valentine with the 13th pick. I think Dunn and Valentine would be an awesome backcourt, and they both start opening day. You'd also have T.J. Warren or Teletovic, and Philadelphia's three trees, if Embiid can get healthy. I think Philly would be looking pretty good going into the future.

The more I think about it the more I like it, and I'm not even a 76ers fan.

Last edited by TheVinylHippo; 05-19-2016 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:06 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Philadelphia isnt going anywhere. Noel is a good defender, but overall, an average player. Okafor can score, but cant defend or rebound. The jury is still out for Embiid. All our backcourt players are leftovers from other teams or the free agency. It will just be another stinker of a year, no matter who we draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2016, 12:39 PM   #22
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
If the Wolves weren't jumping up to #1 or #2, this is best case scenario.

Simmons and Ingram go 1 and 2. The Celtics nor the Suns need a guard and it's likely they both take forwards. They get one of Murray/Dunn/or Hield.

Here's to hoping Murray is still available. He would be a PERFECT fit for this team.
Personally with Thibs defensive mindset, Dunn is the best choice. Love the kids grit and his background story is amazing. Will be cheering for him no matter which nba team selects him
Old 05-19-2016, 01:15 PM   #23
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Sixers win it all, duh.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:22 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

I don't think Boston would want to part with #3 and Brooklyn's 2017 first, unless it were for a proven commodity.

I would love to see TJ Warren in Philly. Dude can score in bunches. He just needs more opportunity, and Philly has a great opportunity for a guy who can score off the wing. I feel like Brown would give Warren the green light. He'd score 20+ there. 4, 13 and Warren is an intriguing offer, if Philly were dead set on Dunn, and didn't like either of Simmons/Ingram. I like it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »