Home

My Last Time Complaining.....Maybe

This is a discussion on My Last Time Complaining.....Maybe within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2016, 03:57 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
My Last Time Complaining.....Maybe

This year I was more hyped to play this 2K, than any previous iterations. The first month and half were great. Then everything starting dying down. Glitches/exploits were starting to be used. That's not 2K's fault, its the communites'. But, lets talk about what is 2K's fault.

Attribute Caps- They tried to make it seem like adding playstyles, was a cool way of adding diversity amongst players. These caps were arranged in a way to please everyone who whined a SF's. Know my 6'10 SF can't make a layup over a 5'7 cheeser.

Attribute Brackets - If you want diversity, GET RID OF GROUP ATTRIBUTES!!

Online Gameplay - Park is terrible this year, its a shoot-out, cheesers cheese, my rep bar has been stuck since January. I've played like 2000 games since then, I'm still L1. There should not be rules at ALL. 2K15 park minus demis and P4 was ridiculously fun. Play Now is ok. ProAm is almost like park.

Physics- This year its easy as hell, to turn the ball over. The ball STILL goes through bodies. Weight/strength don't mean anything. Alley-Oops are terrible.

Defense- A 6'3 guard with 5 defense brackets SHOULD NOT be blocking 7'3 bullies. Ratings barely matter on defense anymore. Sim Bhullar can keep up with Curry. Block animations should be different depending on Vert/Block/Awareness. Low IQ CPU controlled players are baby Tony Allens.

AI- THEY INTERCEPT EVERYTHING, 2K thinks juicing the AI's abilities make it a realistic challenge. Its cheap, HoF should be uber-realistic. On BOTH ends. Don't make my team suck, then have Giannis become Curry from 3, and Plumlee turn into McHale.

Lastly, servers- you can have the strongest Internet possible, you will be kicked/lagged/ "0-0" its bad.

All in all, i know some of ya prolly think I'm a whiny a** b****. But, i had to vent somehow.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2016, 04:18 PM   #2
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: My Last Time Complaining.....Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackZillaTV
P.S. i know some of my opinions may be flawed, unpopular. But, that's just my opinion man....
These exact opinions have been documented thousands of times on here already.

You're not alone.
Old 05-19-2016, 04:42 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
These exact opinions have been documented thousands of times on here already.

You're not alone.
I truly enjoy this game, i'll always buy 2K. But, the cons are getting really heavy. 2K seems to fix things and just break something else simultaneously.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:17 PM   #4
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

You know what could solve this? SKIPPING A GAME!

Every year the game is rushed, new ideas are introduced but done half-assed... it's terrible.

Meanwhile, OperationSports put a Poll up and everyone voted that they'd rather have a broken game every year than a polished one every other year.

They could put DLC out every year (with updated rosters/jerseys/coaches/etc) instead of a new game.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:23 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
You know what could solve this? SKIPPING A GAME!

Every year the game is rushed, new ideas are introduced but done half-assed... it's terrible.

Meanwhile, OperationSports put a Poll up and everyone voted that they'd rather have a broken game every year than a polished one every other year.

They could put DLC out every year (with updated rosters/jerseys/coaches/etc) instead of a new game.
Monopoly give them right to release whatever product they want without serious consequences. No competition gives them totally relaxed situation where they can drop mediocre game and still be GOTY in basketball category, sad but truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2016, 05:55 PM   #6
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyClaxton
Monopoly give them right to release whatever product they want without serious consequences. No competition gives them totally relaxed situation where they can drop mediocre game and still be GOTY in basketball category, sad but truth.
It's not a monopoly. Anyone can make an NBA game if they choose. You and your friends can get together and make an NBA game right now, if you want. Also, it's not 2ks fault nobody else can make an NBA game as good as they can.

We might as well lock this. It's just going to turn into another dev bashing and complaint thread and we have enough of those already. I suggest all of you just stop buying the game and pretend it doesn't exist. It'll relieve you of so much undue stress and angst.

Last edited by BA2929; 05-19-2016 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:10 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
It's not a monopoly. Anyone can make an NBA game if they choose. You and your friends can get together and make an NBA game right now, if you want. Also, it's not 2ks fault nobody else can make an NBA game as good as they can.

We might as well lock this. It's just going to turn into another dev bashing and complaint thread and we have enough of those already. I suggest all of you just stop buying the game and pretend it doesn't exist. It'll relieve you of so much undue stress and angst.
Not technically a monopoly. But for meta discussions about the topic, this is good enough tbh.

Circumstances are such that it doesn't need to respond to basic market mechanics.

People love video-game basketball and want to play that. Adults also want to like the game too unfortunately. Which is a shame because the casuals love it. Go look at the subreddit for 2k, they are eating their diamonds and purples up with a fervor.

But as long as the -less than optimal product- is printing money with VC and My-Team packs, and there is 0 competition, and there is a timeline to make sure this game gets published every year.

Optimal profit is probably 50/50 as it pertains to creating a good enough game v. marketing.

edit: agreed on the lock, don't need to read this for the upteenth time. I reported this earlier.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:14 PM   #8
Rookie

Just played two myTeam games, resulted in 2 "0-0 losses". So I thought I'll do a PNO instead. 2 tries, 2 failures...the game didn't even make it to the tipoff. I'm done for today, this week, this month...I don't know.
I mean come on 2k...the game was released 8 months ago, plenty time to fix that stuff (to be honest those problems should be solved BEFORE the release, but anyway)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »