Home

NBA 2k17 Pro AM/Crew Mode

This is a discussion on NBA 2k17 Pro AM/Crew Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2016, 08:44 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k17 Pro AM/Crew Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
I honestly don't mind playing 99 overall max players if it takes time to build them.
From a competitive and also enjoyment standpoint, I like the challenge. On one hand I wanna be good in Pro Am, but on the other I actually enjoy My Career. So I get annoyed seeing max players on day 1 because of VC.

I wouldn't care if a center could get 80 speed, as long as you gotta work for it and it takes a super long time to get it. Go for it, you worked your butt off to get there lol.

It would be cool to only level up by playing online with your guys, but I just see VC playing too big a role to ever see that come to fruition.

I totally think we need more stats, stat-tracking, customization and stuff like that.

Another thing I'd like, is like individual stats. I play different positions within my team, I'd like to see what I average as a center only, and a point, etc.
Instead it's all lumped together.

Definitely need playbooks and the ability to run plays. At least give us fundamental basketball.

Commentary is one of the biggest turn offs, it's all about immersion and well...

We need arena music, arena sounds, crowd chants, etc.

I have a great idea for people who want to max out their player. It's separate mode option from mycareer called something like mylegend. In it you don't get VC, but instead some other currency that can't be bought. The mode is set on the hardest difficulty(hopefully they can tweak it so your teammates don't play like idiots) and only giving the option to practice during off days. Kind of like having Kobe's legendary work ethic. That way people can have the option of maxing out their guys but you know they had to work for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2016, 09:46 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by barond57
I have a great idea for people who want to max out their player. It's separate mode option from mycareer called something like mylegend. In it you don't get VC, but instead some other currency that can't be bought. The mode is set on the hardest difficulty(hopefully they can tweak it so your teammates don't play like idiots) and only giving the option to practice during off days. Kind of like having Kobe's legendary work ethic. That way people can have the option of maxing out their guys but you know they had to work for it.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:38 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
I always thought matchmaking was supposed to work like the cpu matches vs teams with similar ranks as you? Why do you get matched up with people whos records dont refect yours?
Because there's 0 logic in the matchmaking system.

In rocket league, the game goes:

Okay. I have a new player who wants to play.

The only game open is with 4 ultra super legends.

I'm gonna not put that player there. I'm gonna wait for a better place to put the player if at all possible.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:17 AM   #28
Rookie

This is the guy who spearheaded the cheesiest offense in RTTF. Despite that, this man has some great ideas... I love everything in this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NAlpuPrJHoM
Old 06-08-2016, 10:52 AM   #29
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Let 2 people be able to make a Pro Am team. Me and my friend used to team up with our PG and C my players back in 2K11 Crew Mode. We were hyped for Pro Am but never touched it this year since 3 people was the minimum amount of players.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:28 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Basically a mycareer with no limitations but no shortcuts so players who play that mode will have to earn every attribute. I remember a Kobe press conference after his last game in Milwaukee talking about advice he gave to Giannis. Saying he had the tools but its up to Giannis what kind of player he can be. And that he needs to be in the gym working in his game constantly.

Also lobbies would be nice. Like someone said before have 3, 4 and 5 player lobbies and give us the ability to match up so nobody has to play the cpu.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:22 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
I saw this in another thread and it makes sense..

The Matchmaking system should allow you to only play against the amount of people you have searching...so lets say you only have 3 members on, you should have the option to search
3 vs 3 crew
4 vs 4 crew
5 vs 5 crew

and in doing so allows you to enjoy your game without having to deal with those pesky cpu players.
Playing 3 vs 3 versus playing 5 vs 5 crew should be a big difference as well. The way you rank up in the leaderboards should reward those who play with 5, more so than playing crews with 3 or 4 people on because having a full team is the way this game is meant to be played.
That was me @Barond
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 10:35 AM   #32
Rookie

Hopefully we get some info about some pro am/crew mode this week. It would be great if 2k allows us to have roster spots in pro am. Definitely the audio issue (no commentary/PA announcer/custom arena sounds) has been addressed this year. We definitely need more customization in pro am mode give us a rep system...because that grind is crazy.and show some more love the park as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »