Home

Catch pump fake, one dribble rhythm jumper.

This is a discussion on Catch pump fake, one dribble rhythm jumper. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2016, 01:52 PM   #1
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Catch pump fake, one dribble rhythm jumper.

I've seen the animation in the game. But it doesn't seem to work right. And it doesn't feel right at all. Does anyone use this move effectively?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2016, 02:24 PM   #2
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Catch pump fake, one dribble rhythm jumper.

In real life it's tougher to pump fake then shoot it because you don't have rhythm, same with dribbling, stopping and shooting. It's always bugged me that rhythm/pullup shots don't fall consistently from outside. This year they even nerfed them from mid range. It doesn't work unless you do it with Curry and even that isn't a sure bet.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:21 PM   #3
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't know about a 1 dribble pull up but a 2-3 but especially the 2 is what I see often from great middy pullers like Kobe

I don't use it in 2k because I don't seem to get a healthy shot grade for this selection. Curry and Lillard are popular for using this 2-3 dribble with the Stepback but try that in 2k and it's not as rewarding because the shot grade doesn't value separation enough even though this is a great move to create separation

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2016, 05:29 PM   #4
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
I don't know about a 1 dribble pull up but a 2-3 but especially the 2 is what I see often from great middy pullers like Kobe

I don't use it in 2k because I don't seem to get a healthy shot grade for this selection. Curry and Lillard are popular for using this 2-3 dribble with the Stepback but try that in 2k and it's not as rewarding because the shot grade doesn't value separation enough even though this is a great move to create separation

I think this is what he's talking about

Old 05-31-2016, 05:48 PM   #5
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX

Yee, I follow you.

Part of the process is getting away clean off the pumpfake without drawing an auto foul.

I'm not sure what OP means regarding the feel of the process? Is the Jumpshot not clean or is the defender's momentum not taking him far enough away and out of the play?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2016, 09:36 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX

I had like this perfectly done ONCE this year, this is something I miss about 2k11...
Old 06-01-2016, 04:58 AM   #7
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Yee, I follow you.

Part of the process is getting away clean off the pumpfake without drawing an auto foul.

I'm not sure what OP means regarding the feel of the process? Is the Jumpshot not clean or is the defender's momentum not taking him far enough away and out of the play?

I feel like those one dribble pullups are really slow and clunky. The player who mocapped it did it really lazily and likely with no defense or sense of urgency. It usually gets blocked or heavily contested if you even get enough space to get the shot off. They don't even get much lift at all.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 06-01-2016, 11:50 AM   #8
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreezy P
I feel like those one dribble pullups are really slow and clunky. The player who mocapped it did it really lazily and likely with no defense or sense of urgency. It usually gets blocked or heavily contested if you even get enough space to get the shot off. They don't even get much lift at all.
This is a exactly what I meant by feel. Nothing about it this year really works. I've sat in practice mode for hours trying to get it down. But it just doesn't ever feel right. Because the defense recovers waaay too fast after a huge contest.

And thank for posting the video. That was exactly what I was talking about. I couldn't find a clip at the time. But Klay use this so much to get into rhythm after a pump fake. Just watch his game 6 vs Thunder. He does it on like the first 3-4 shots of the video lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »