Home

Rebuilding the 76ers

This is a discussion on Rebuilding the 76ers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2016, 09:53 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Rebuilding the 76ers

This is the team I used to love the most because of Iverson but after he went to Denver, I switched my favorite team to Toronto because I am from Canada so it makes sense to support them. I am going to start a new MYLEAGUE after the playoff is done so I can use that final roster, but the problem is I really don’t want to use Toronto as they are already a set team, they are only one to two pieces away to really become a team that can go against the best teams in the league. Therefore, I want to use the 76ers but I really don’t know how to rebuild them. I mean the only players I want to keep from that team are Noel and Okafor, and that’s a perfect front court, one defense one offense, but I just don’t know how to compete the rest of the team in other positions. So anyone here did a MYLEAGUE with the 76ers and what did you guys do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2016, 10:07 PM   #2
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rebuilding the 76ers

I actually have one going with them now. In year 3. What I did was trade for the number 1 pick and took Simmons. I manually made sure that LBJ, Durant and the other marquee free agents resigned with their teams or went somewhere believable. Like Dwight back in Orlando. I also signed JR Smith as a free agent. Then I just rode with the team as constructed. I was intended on trading Embiid but the CPU resigned him for something like 3 years at like 10 million per. I was mad at first but it actually has worked out well with the 3 headed attack of Okafor, Noel and Embiid are pretty formidable. They gobble up everything and each brings something different to the table. They are all progressing nicely and it seems like one or the other (especially Noel and Embiid) are always hurt so it's nice insurance. Simmons is progressing well, too. We made the playoffs in year 3 as a 6 seed. The PG spot is still a weakness but Gary Payton II and Canaan are alright. I am looking to upgrade though. The team is a blast to play with and they are different.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:06 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I actually have one going with them now. In year 3. What I did was trade for the number 1 pick and took Simmons. I manually made sure that LBJ, Durant and the other marquee free agents resigned with their teams or went somewhere believable. Like Dwight back in Orlando. I also signed JR Smith as a free agent. Then I just rode with the team as constructed. I was intended on trading Embiid but the CPU resigned him for something like 3 years at like 10 million per. I was mad at first but it actually has worked out well with the 3 headed attack of Okafor, Noel and Embiid are pretty formidable. They gobble up everything and each brings something different to the table. They are all progressing nicely and it seems like one or the other (especially Noel and Embiid) are always hurt so it's nice insurance. Simmons is progressing well, too. We made the playoffs in year 3 as a 6 seed. The PG spot is still a weakness but Gary Payton II and Canaan are alright. I am looking to upgrade though. The team is a blast to play with and they are different.
So whats your line up like for year 1 and 2 bro?

And I am planning to actually keep two of the three bigs, Okafor is a must kept, so either start Noel or Embidd at the 5 but I think Embidd is bigger and longer so I will probably trade Noel away…what you think?
Old 06-01-2016, 11:26 PM   #4
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
So whats your line up like for year 1 and 2 bro?

And I am planning to actually keep two of the three bigs, Okafor is a must kept, so either start Noel or Embidd at the 5 but I think Embidd is bigger and longer so I will probably trade Noel away…what you think?
I completely simmed year 1.

Year 2 was Canaan/Payton II, JR Smith, Simmons, Noel and Okafor. Embiid was 6th man.

Year 3 was basically the same with TJ McConnell rotating at point. We make the playoffs with this squad.

Year 4 we're going all in. I signed Jeff Teague as a free agent. Simmons and Okafor are both at 83 now and putting up numbers. Noel is a defensive stud. JR. Smith is getting a little old but I want to see what he has left before trying to upgrade the SG spot at the trade deadline. If you do keep one I would recommend Noel. Embiid is hurt ALL the freaking time. I wouldn't want to count on him as a starter.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:53 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I completely simmed year 1.

Year 2 was Canaan/Payton II, JR Smith, Simmons, Noel and Okafor. Embiid was 6th man.

Year 3 was basically the same with TJ McConnell rotating at point. We make the playoffs with this squad.

Year 4 we're going all in. I signed Jeff Teague as a free agent. Simmons and Okafor are both at 83 now and putting up numbers. Noel is a defensive stud. JR. Smith is getting a little old but I want to see what he has left before trying to upgrade the SG spot at the trade deadline. If you do keep one I would recommend Noel. Embiid is hurt ALL the freaking time. I wouldn't want to count on him as a starter.
He also gets hurt all the time in 2K like in real life too??? Is there like an attribute in his rating that makes him easily get hurt???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2016, 10:26 AM   #6
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
He also gets hurt all the time in 2K like in real life too??? Is there like an attribute in his rating that makes him easily get hurt???

True. I think there's like a durability rating that affects how often a player gets hurt. Plus, you can edit the durability of different parts of a players body to keep that particular thing from being an issue. Rose was getting hurt for me a lot in a previous ML and I edited his knee durability in both.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:32 PM   #7
Banned

Use this roster: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-xbox-one.html

with these sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-profiles.html

Your rebuild just got real. With these settings, you'll see why the 76'ers are at the bottom. And will continue to be unless major change happens.

Anybody can rebuild on generic vanilla settings.

with 85 Trade diff + 90 Contract Aggressiveness + All of your players are garbage with little value things are a little different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »