Home

Don't blame 2K if tough shots go down, instead check if you did a good contest first

This is a discussion on Don't blame 2K if tough shots go down, instead check if you did a good contest first within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2016, 01:35 AM   #25
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Don't blame 2K if tough shots go down, instead check if you did a good contest fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
[...] It's best to contest running toward the other hoop.

-Smak
Could you please elaborate on this part.. I don't understand the effectiveness of applying this logic to a shot that goes up from the corner..

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2016, 08:27 AM   #26
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Don't blame 2K if tough shots go down, instead check if you did a good contest fi

Right stick defense doesn't work for me. No matter my POE settings, without my hand on the aggressive defense trigger, i still do hard fouls on offensive players when im guarding in the post. It makes absolutely no sense. I also bite on pump fakes when i haven't even pressed the jump button.

You should be able to contest with your hands straight up and thats it. But this game has auto everything in it. Auto contest, auto dribbles.....frustrating. Have defensive assist on 0 as well.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:48 PM   #27
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Right stick defense doesn't work for me. No matter my POE settings, without my hand on the aggressive defense trigger, i still do hard fouls on offensive players when im guarding in the post. It makes absolutely no sense. I also bite on pump fakes when i haven't even pressed the jump button.

You should be able to contest with your hands straight up and thats it. But this game has auto everything in it. Auto contest, auto dribbles.....frustrating. Have defensive assist on 0 as well.
Are you certain you don't have Contest set to always? It just sound like it from what you describe.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:50 PM   #28
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by myathebee
Yet this still does happen to me no matter what...

It looks like he releases before you even get you hand up. Would be curious what the "shot contest meter" showed on that play.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:16 PM   #29
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyMac
It looks like he releases before you even get you hand up. Would be curious what the "shot contest meter" showed on that play.
People really thinks this is a good contest ? I wish it was a foul first of all.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:09 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Could you please elaborate on this part.. I don't understand the effectiveness of applying this logic to a shot that goes up from the corner..

Sure, well, if you are saying that the offensive team could rebound and kick it back to a shooter for a wide open 3, I understand why you wouldn't want to.

Assuming you get the rebound, though, why wouldn't you break out?

My 'logic' is that you have to trigger a kind of flag by entering a certain area during the shot. Once you do that, you don't need to stay there; you can just pass through it once you master it.

Where should you go? Rebound, maybe. It depends, but mostly get out.

Corner shots are so money in 2k, but they also leave you most vulnerable to fast breaks, assuming the pass is on point as it usually was.

The point was that you only need to get in that area, optimally, and then you can move your dude again. You can 'run' through it.

You can go wherever you feel like going, wherever is the most logical to you, after that.

-Smak
Old 06-15-2016, 09:58 PM   #31
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak

My 'logic' is that you have to trigger a kind of flag by entering a certain area during the shot. Once you do that, you don't need to stay there; you can just pass through it once you master it.

[...][...]
The point was that you only need to get in that area, optimally, and then you can move your dude again. You can 'run' through it.

You can go wherever you feel like going, wherever is the most logical to you, after that.

-Smak
Ok, absent of you exposing these hot zones for contest: I'm left with one decision and that's to dismiss what you've said which makes very little sense to me and continue to contest the same way I see the pro's contest..

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 06-15-2016 at 10:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 10:41 PM   #32
Banned

I can jump at a shooter from 5-6 feet away and get a full green bar contest.

I can jump at a offensive player driving, get a full green bar contest, but because they game gave the player the uncontested 100% layup animation, it always goes in. So why did I get a bar at all?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »