Home

NBA 2k17 Please bring back the Spin Move

This is a discussion on NBA 2k17 Please bring back the Spin Move within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2016, 08:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2k17 Please bring back the Spin Move

I'm so sick and tired of 2k nerfing moves and jumpshots. I wanted to write this awhile back and i know this has been in the game for quite some time but 2k17 is not too far away and while some may say that 2K Nerfs these moves to avoid "cheese", these moves aren't cheese moves...they're basic moves that all NBA players have access to.

I'm talking about the spin move/ride the hip animation. It just stops you dead in your tracks and you can't do anything. You either come to a full complete stop, or you magically get stripped by the defender. To watch it in slow motion is even worse.

That is not how the spin move is supposed to look like. If 2k prides itself on simulating the the videogame to it's real life counter-part, i would hope they get rid of these "annual Nerfs" they do to a game that out of the gate works fine(for the most part). Is there another flagship title that after release the company just breaks certain aspects of the game? I mean come on...look at these guys attacking the rack...Look at where on the court they are initiating the spin move...always in the paint.

Look at one of the better executers of the spin move Kyrie Irving utilizes his spin move.

Even Bigger Guys Like Lebron can Pull this move off with ease.

Let's not forget about one of the best, if not the BEST to ever use this move and make it his own, Mr. Tony Parker.

The spin move is an essential part of an nba players' repertoire that allows them to penetrate in the paint to score. The way 2k has it now, it's not even a move i go to anymore because it will lead to a turnover.

If you guys agree the spin move needs to come back in 2k17 feel free to chime in.

Last edited by Breakstarter; 06-04-2016 at 08:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2016, 11:56 PM   #2
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2k17 Please bring back the Spin Move

Sure, I'm all for realism. The more the better.

Commenting specifically regarding that NBA 2k16 spin move video above. Isn't that a poor example though. You had #3 riding your back and you decide to do a spin move right into the body of #3. Getting the ball knock loose looks like an appropriate realistic outcome. You spun right into the defender. If the spin move would have worked there, you would have warped through the defender.

Can you post an example where you don't have someone riding your back instead? Can you post an example when you were face to face with #3 instead just like all the real NBA videos you've posted?

Note: I like to move the ball around to the open man with passes. I'm not really good at isolation moves. So, I might not have a good handle on this whole situation. However, as someone who loves playing on ball defense, I would welcome the added challenge.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 06-05-2016 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:48 AM   #3
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Sure, I'm all for realism. The more the better.

Commenting specifically regarding that NBA 2k16 spin move video above. Isn't that a poor example though. You had #3 riding your back and you decide to do a spin move right into the body of #3. Getting the ball knock loose looks like an appropriate realistic outcome. You spun right into the defender. If the spin move would have worked there, you would have warped through the defender.

Can you post an example where you don't have someone riding your back instead? Can you post an example when you were face to face with #3 instead just like all the real NBA videos you've posted?

Note: I like to move the ball around to the open man with passes. I'm not really good at isolation moves. So, I might not have a good handle on this whole situation. However, as someone who loves playing on ball defense, I would welcome the added challenge.
If you get a ride animation you're doing it wrong. The best spins are done with a small bit of space and used to prey on over compensating defense

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 06-05-2016, 04:34 AM   #4
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
If you get a ride animation you're doing it wrong. The best spins are done with a small bit of space and used to prey on over compensating defense
I've never done the spin move because I personally don't use any of these fancy moves. But I was commenting about the original poster's NBA2k16 video above in his first post. He's presenting an example about the spin move not working because he can't proceed once he executes the command to spin. He gets stuck and loses the ball to the defender jersey #3.

What I'm saying is that his video example of the NBA 2k16 spin move is flawed because he's got the defender essentially on his back, and he spun right into the defender, proceeding to lose the ball. Does the opening poster want the ball handler to warp through the defender in his video posted above, is what I'm asking.

If you're saying that one can actually do the spin move in NBA2k16, then why is the opening poster requesting the spin move be brought back in NBA2k17. I figure if it can be done in NBA2k16, then it'll likely be an available move that can be done in NBA2k17.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 06-05-2016, 04:33 PM   #5
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I've never done the spin move because I personally don't use any of these fancy moves. But I was commenting about the original poster's NBA2k16 video above in his first post. He's presenting an example about the spin move not working because he can't proceed once he executes the command to spin. He gets stuck and loses the ball to the defender jersey #3.

What I'm saying is that his video example of the NBA 2k16 spin move is flawed because he's got the defender essentially on his back, and he spun right into the defender, proceeding to lose the ball. Does the opening poster want the ball handler to warp through the defender in his video posted above, is what I'm asking.

If you're saying that one can actually do the spin move in NBA2k16, then why is the opening poster requesting the spin move be brought back in NBA2k17. I figure if it can be done in NBA2k16, then it'll likely be an available move that can be done in NBA2k17.

I was actually agreeing with your post, originally, my dude.

It's very able to be done in 2k16, however it used to be way more effective in previous years. I had a particular combo with a Sham God to Spin move that literally erased the guy in front of me in 15. I mean It was defendable, but if you didn't see it coming it was so fast that you might aswell have not even been there.

This year the spin needs to be used in the right situation, like all of the dribbles.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2016, 05:19 PM   #6
Rookie

This is cheese....

This is ALSO Cheese

This is most Definitely Cheese

But no way on gods green earth is trying to spin your way into the paint AFTER you've already blown by your opponent cheese in my book. 2K needs to really consider getting rid of that animation and that Blake griffin missed dunk animation as well. they are soooo unrealistic.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:36 PM   #7
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

I actually think the spin move is done properly this year. You can't spam it in traffic like in previous 2Ks but it's very rewarding if done properly.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:54 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
I actually think the spin move is done properly this year. You can't spam it in traffic like in previous 2Ks but it's very rewarding if done properly.

SHEESH that was filthy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »