Home

NBA 2K16: The Best Game in the Series' History?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: The Best Game in the Series' History? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2016, 12:35 AM   #17
Rookie

myathebee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16: The Best Game in the Series' History?

2K11 is still my favorite...Still waiting for a game to dominate it.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:15 AM   #18
Rookie

Myteam = worst it has ever been
MyCareer = worst it has ever been
Park = Best it has ever been
PNO = Best it has ever been
Pro-Am = Best mode ever in 2k history imo

As far as gameplay I don't feel like it is the best because of how much they have toned down offense so much due to constant complaining about how hard defense is, but this 2k has no dominant exploitable glitch which is nice.

My favorite is 2k13, but all in all 2k16 is up there
Old 06-10-2016, 03:02 AM   #19
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
It's definitely at the top gameplay wise . it wasn't the most fun though .
I can agree with this
Old 06-10-2016, 06:13 AM   #20
Rookie

Ruben2424's Arena

My favorite version of 2K will always be 2K11...but since it's outdated, I have to say that 2K16 is the best version yet in terms of gameplay, graphics, sound, etc.

In my opinion, there's only 2 things I didn't like about 2K16...

1. MyCareer mode turning into "MyStory" mode. I want the career mode to go back to what it used to be in 2K11. Post game press conferences, shoe deals, endorsements, etc. I wanna define MY OWN career not play out someone else's life! I'm from Miami, FL not some kid from Harlem that goes by "Freq". Let's NEVER EVER do the whole Spike Lee thing again please!!!...We don't even get to play out our entire rookie season for crying out loud! Story elements should not be added to a career mode. Period. Career modes should be open-ended and WE should get to decide how OUR careers play out! I would like to see some situational cut-scenes where we actually get to make important decisions as in endorsement deals, hiring/firing agents, free agency, etc.

2. Although I love the idea of MyGM, I don't like that you don't start as a level 1 GM if you decide to start over. I don't like that autosave can't be turned off like you could in MyLeague. And I can't stand the training intensity issue that was also in 2K15...I honestly think this and the autosave pretty much ruin the entire mode. I only play MyLeague because of this. If these things can be resolved, it'd be the best franchise mode ever developed in a sports game!

I honestly don't feel that 2K has to continue to raise the bar in terms of gameplay. At least not for a while. I think they should do what MLB The Show is doing...take an already excellent product and just polish it a bit further. If it ain't broken, don't fix it! They can add Charles Barkley to the rest of the pregame crew, they can continue adding small details like arena sounds and lighting, uniform and player details, live shots of city skylines and arenas to the presentation, even more TV style presentation, etc.

I just don't feel that anything drastic should be done to the gameplay. It's already almost perfect. Add more realism to the career/franchise modes and cut out all the Spike Lee drama!
Old 06-10-2016, 08:20 AM   #21
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Easily the best in the series IMO. For every one thing from past NBA 2Ks that might be better, there are probably 5 additions/improvements that negate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2016, 08:41 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 2

Control... Control... Control...
Please make the game more responsive... The game took a step back this year in regards of control and responsiveness. I hope they focus on the core fundamentals of gameplay and control this year and it will easily top 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2016, 10:27 AM   #23
Rookie

NBA 2k11 is still the king. 2K13 was pretty good too. But this game...I played 2k15 and while I didn't pick up this years game because 15 was not my favorite, I didn't expect to struggle so hard with it. Isolation situations are a guaranteed fail you can't create space for some reason, players move even more like they are stuck in quick sand this year (that started in 2k14), and the playcalling still sucks. I just got it on the PS4 free games and I am playing on Rookie level and getting slaughtered by 20 or more when I play NBA games. It is a little bit better when playing on the summer league since I skipped the first season as it is pretty much over in real life. But even against scrubs my best player can't shake, there is no explosion or drive off of an iso move and they never get space with the moves either.

I have to say that I will not be buying 2k17 either. This series went from a must buy for me to an absolute pass in only 3 years. I can't stand the gameplay.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:37 AM   #24
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Lol, best 2k? Unresponsive and delayed input on runs and broken directional passing. Magnets are everywhere. How can in possibly be the best?

Last edited by Sleepy59; 06-10-2016 at 10:42 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »