Home

Please put defensive settings, and matchups in MyCareer and fix AI defense

This is a discussion on Please put defensive settings, and matchups in MyCareer and fix AI defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2016, 04:04 PM   #1
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

OVR: 0
Please put defensive settings, and matchups in MyCareer and fix AI defense

I'm left on an island on every pick and roll. My CPU teammates are clueless on defence regardless of their ratings so I'm left to freestyle. I don't know whether to go over or under screens because they second or third defender and the help defenders have no clue what is going on. MyCareer teammate AI is so dumbed-down on both ends. Every pick and roll gets the opposing team a wide open shot. Please let me see what my teammates are supposed to be doing and let them actually execute it. Why is it considered a 'defensive breakdown' when Ricky Rubio makes an open shot with his foot on the line? I did my job as a defender if he takes that shot. Why do I get penalized with 'leave assignment' when I choose not to hug up on a player with a 59 three point rating? Why don't my CPU contest shots? They just stand there and watch their man shoot the ball.

I don't even have an explanation for this...

Favors and Butler can't even defend a simple cross screen. It looks like they switched but they decide they want to switch back while Jefferson is already curling around the baseline?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 06:02 PM   #2
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Please put defensive settings, and matchups in MyCareer and fix AI defense

The offensive A.I. in the mode is not good either. Right now the mode is just about the User becoming a HOF'er and putting up obscene stats. If they don't completely change this, I'll pass on the mode again like I did this year.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:04 PM   #3
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Please put defensive settings, and matchups in MyCareer and fix AI defense

I usually just put every perimeter player on Deny Ball and provide the help defense myself. That solves the dumb rotations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »