Home

This game is a flat out joke

This is a discussion on This game is a flat out joke within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2016, 11:20 AM   #17
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: This game is a flat out joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
2K has said you should play on Superstar/Sim if you are wanting a realistc experience, as that's what the shot percentages are tuned for. Playing on the hardest difficulty and expecting the game to be fair, realistic or anything else but cheesy is pretty silly.
Alot of what the OP is stating happens on Superstar difficulty also.

The missed wide open shots, the layups that bounce of the rim, players that stand around instead of trying to fight for a rebound, horrible defense leaving players wide open.

I have my defensive settings on manual and I set up each player's defense for the opposition and I see my players leave their man to help cover someone driving to the rim. So instead of that player going for a layup he passes it behind the arc for a 3. Happens regularly .
Old 06-17-2016, 11:25 AM   #18
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04

The missed wide open shots, the layups that bounce of the rim, players that stand around instead of trying to fight for a rebound, horrible defense leaving players wide open.

I have my defensive settings on manual and I set up each player's defense for the opposition and I see my players leave their man to help cover someone driving to the rim. So instead of that player going for a layup he passes it behind the arc for a 3. Happens regularly .

But don't you regularly see those things in the real life NBA? I know last night I saw many 1)missed wide open shots, 2)Players standing around, 3)Players left wide open, and 4)especially your last point.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:45 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 1

I'll preface this by saying 2k16 is my favorite sports game to date. I'll also say that the things the OP and some people are saying (like missed layups, missed open shots (Harrison Barnes anyone?)) all happen.

On the other hand, I do think at this point it's hard for a video game to program a game so these errors or flaws look a natural/realistic every time. The best example is passing turnovers. I'm fine with people throwing passes off the mark, but there are times on run outs or simple chest passes that go way out of bounds when it likely wouldn't happen in real life.

But I guess I've made peace with the fact that it is a video game and these things will happen.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:46 AM   #20
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

OVR: 0

You should return the game if you think it is horrible.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:52 PM   #21
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04

This is literally the NBA in real life to a T. I don't think you could have described real life NBA basketball in 2016 any better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2016, 03:38 PM   #22
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

This game is so chaotic and wild online. Part of the reason for that is how handicapped defensive players are. Players move so slow and sluggish online, it takes forever for players to change direction, players back pedal instead of running back on defense, and there's some weird delay when you switch to a player.

Not to mention that god awful gameplay mechanic where the game freezes your player in order to allow a pass to go through. That might be the most infuriating thing in this game.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:27 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAfan1624
Im also constantly button mashing and pressing X trying to get the game out of timeouts, and that annoying half time show.

fun fact, playing with the spanish commentary audio skips all this B.S.

the game even loads faster cause its not having to load the pre-game show first

but even better, since you cant understand what they're saying it makes it a lot less repetative and annoying

also it just sounds more energetic, like watching a soccer game on the spanish channel vs the english/america one where they sound like golf or baseball announcers barely talking
Old 06-18-2016, 03:02 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
2K has said you should play on Superstar/Sim if you are wanting a realistc experience, as that's what the shot percentages are tuned for. Playing on the hardest difficulty and expecting the game to be fair, realistic or anything else but cheesy is pretty silly.
Have you ever seen how the guys at 2k play? I know it's not all of them, but from what I've seen, they're casual/cheesers at best. So why would they recommend anyone to play on the hardest level when they're not so great their self?

I've played on HOF since the beginning of time, and all I get is realistic gameplay. To say you can't get a fair realistic game is game idiotic.

If Superstar fits for you, then it fits to your skill level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »