Home

This game is a flat out joke

This is a discussion on This game is a flat out joke within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2016, 03:32 AM   #33
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: This game is a flat out joke

The game has been so frustrating to me lately . I just want to get that enjoyment back
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 06-24-2016, 08:03 AM   #34
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I don't think that 2K has ever played a better head-to-head game than it has this year. There are still some things that need to be addressed, but I feel good about where we're at going into 2K17.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:25 AM   #35
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Head to head is great . All my frustration has Been from Teamup leagues lately.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2016, 04:36 PM   #36
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAfan1624
First off let me preface this by saying I play on hall of fame and usually win, so my ability to play it has nothing to do with my opinion on it. Ive been playing 2k for years and am very experienced with it, but havent got around to playing this years yet, until it was just made free this month.

But this game is flat out terrible. Ive yet to play a 2k that is as dependent on player attributes than this game. In this game, the CPU basically controls when your shots go in. My players constantly miss open layups and even 2 handed dunks. I get these random layup animations where it looks like a sure thing, but way too often the ball will clank off the back rim even if im using a decent or good player. Players just stand around when the ball is in the air on offense instead of going to aggressively get boards. When the other team gets a rebound, my players literally STAND there watching, it takes them at least 3 seconds to turn around and start going back the other way. By then, the other team has a 3 on 2. Its completely idiotic how players wont even bother to hustle back on D.

On defense, my teammates will randomly leave guys wide open, for no apparent reason what so ever. CPU teammates rarely fight through screens, the only way to not give up wide open shots is to rapidly control every single player on your defense, and even when you play 23 seconds of excellent defense, computer still throws up a random bs shot and it goes in because as stated before, CPU decides if your shot goes in.

I guess my main problem here is that you no longer have control on whether or not you score, computer basically decides everything for you. I guess players dogging it and not hustling is somewhat realistic, but I dont necessarily want my CPU teammates playing like idiots.

Aside from all this, the game is sooooooooooooooooo SLOW. Every player in this game dribbles like a turtle and sometimes they even randomly just lose the ball or go into that idiotic stumbling animation. The other day I had Kobe bumbling and stumbling trying to pick up the ball because he couldnt dribble it properly, and nobody was even around him! Im also constantly button mashing and pressing X trying to get the game out of timeouts, and that annoying half time show.

This game is a horrible experience.
Man you come off so arrogant, whiny and entitled, just being honest. Go pound sand...
Old 06-25-2016, 09:09 PM   #37
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

The joke is the scripting. The ball doesn't go into the rim naturally. It just looks off and fake. CPU shooting jumpers with players that shouldn't even be making them. This stuff is happening on Superstar mode too. Ball physics need major work.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:41 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philstat
Man you come off so arrogant, whiny and entitled, just being honest. Go pound sand...
You should post a link of your gameplay. I would love to see how you play and what this big fuss is about.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:38 PM   #39
Banned

iloveosalot's Arena

OVR: 0

Game is a joke, I've been playing since 2k8 and i never quit playing before the next one came out till i bought ps4. It seems with better graphics the gameplay has gotten more fake.

Ps3 engine was way better.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:40 PM   #40
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Great thread though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »