Home

This game is a flat out joke

This is a discussion on This game is a flat out joke within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2016, 06:43 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
This game is a flat out joke

First off let me preface this by saying I play on hall of fame and usually win, so my ability to play it has nothing to do with my opinion on it. Ive been playing 2k for years and am very experienced with it, but havent got around to playing this years yet, until it was just made free this month.

But this game is flat out terrible. Ive yet to play a 2k that is as dependent on player attributes than this game. In this game, the CPU basically controls when your shots go in. My players constantly miss open layups and even 2 handed dunks. I get these random layup animations where it looks like a sure thing, but way too often the ball will clank off the back rim even if im using a decent or good player. Players just stand around when the ball is in the air on offense instead of going to aggressively get boards. When the other team gets a rebound, my players literally STAND there watching, it takes them at least 3 seconds to turn around and start going back the other way. By then, the other team has a 3 on 2. Its completely idiotic how players wont even bother to hustle back on D.

On defense, my teammates will randomly leave guys wide open, for no apparent reason what so ever. CPU teammates rarely fight through screens, the only way to not give up wide open shots is to rapidly control every single player on your defense, and even when you play 23 seconds of excellent defense, computer still throws up a random bs shot and it goes in because as stated before, CPU decides if your shot goes in.

I guess my main problem here is that you no longer have control on whether or not you score, computer basically decides everything for you. I guess players dogging it and not hustling is somewhat realistic, but I dont necessarily want my CPU teammates playing like idiots.

Aside from all this, the game is sooooooooooooooooo SLOW. Every player in this game dribbles like a turtle and sometimes they even randomly just lose the ball or go into that idiotic stumbling animation. The other day I had Kobe bumbling and stumbling trying to pick up the ball because he couldnt dribble it properly, and nobody was even around him! Im also constantly button mashing and pressing X trying to get the game out of timeouts, and that annoying half time show.

This game is a horrible experience.

Last edited by LAfan1624; 06-15-2016 at 06:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 06:48 AM   #2
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

Re: This game is a flat out joke

Looks like somebody took a big *** beating
Old 06-15-2016, 06:49 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19LloydBanks82
Looks like somebody took a big *** beating
I play on hall of fame and ive had the game for a week.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:52 AM   #4
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAfan1624
I play on hall of fame and ive had the game for a week.
Well u said you're better than the majority of people who play this game, HoF shouldn't be a problem for u then.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:55 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19LloydBanks82
Well u said you're better than the majority of people who play this game, HoF shouldn't be a problem for u then.
Its not. But as I stated in my post that doesnt mean the game play experience isnt terrible in the midst of while I was playing it. Ill win by 5 when I should be winning by 20, and sometimes ill have to hit a ton of clutch shots in the 4th to do it. It makes the gameplay experience horrible when all this random bs starts happening. Forget about playing on ball defense in this game, your CPU teammates will randomly leave guys open or just stare off into the stands and let guys get wide open under the basket. Among a whole bucnh of other things I stated, unfortunately you assumed I couldnt play it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 08:22 AM   #6
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAfan1624
Its not. But as I stated in my post that doesnt mean the game play experience isnt terrible in the midst of while I was playing it. Ill win by 5 when I should be winning by 20, and sometimes ill have to hit a ton of clutch shots in the 4th to do it. It makes the gameplay experience horrible when all this random bs starts happening. Forget about playing on ball defense in this game, your CPU teammates will randomly leave guys open or just stare off into the stands and let guys get wide open under the basket. Among a whole bucnh of other things I stated, unfortunately you assumed I couldnt play it.
Everybody who plays 2k knows to avoid HoF difficulty when expecting a realistic experience
Old 06-15-2016, 08:26 AM   #7
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

2K has said you should play on Superstar/Sim if you are wanting a realistc experience, as that's what the shot percentages are tuned for. Playing on the hardest difficulty and expecting the game to be fair, realistic or anything else but cheesy is pretty silly.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:45 AM   #8
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

The game is tuned and evolves every year. So, pretty much, even if you've played for years, if you think you can plug and play and succeed every year without some learning curve, that's a mistake.

One week is not enough. The game has depth, especially adding strategic depth every year. You'd probably enjoy the game more if you begin with some curiosity over how to play it successfully rather than with a presumption of your own mastery.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »