Home

Have not played in a long time

This is a discussion on Have not played in a long time within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2016, 10:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Have not played in a long time

I'm going to play my career until nba 2k 17 is out. I have not played any since 2k14. How are they going to update rosters with recent moves for my career?

Was this year edition of the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 05:26 PM   #2
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Have not played in a long time

I don't play much MyCareer, so I'm not 100% certain about this. But, I believe that MyCareer rosters are locked to the default roster that shipped with the game back in September. So any trades or signings that happened after August-September won't be reflected in the game.

Now, I believe MyLeague allows you the ability to play with a custom roster. So if you want to play with rosters that are updated through last night's draft, you can easily find some good custom rosters and play with those.

I'm 95% sure about all that, but again, I don't play those modes very much. So I could very well be wrong.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:31 PM   #3
Rookie

DRN73's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Have not played in a long time

Any roster moves that happened after the Finals will not be "officially" in the game. So, the last ratings and player movements are locked to after Game 7. Anything after that will not officially be put out by 2K, so, for example, Derrick Rose won't be on the Knicks.

So, for MyCareer specifically, the roster update that was pushed out after Game 7 of the Finals (or whatever the latest one was they pushed out) is what you will start out with.

Now, if you are playing in MyGM, MyLeague, or a quick game by yourself, you can load any number of custom rosters that can be downloaded in game. Go into Features/Options, and then rosters, you should be able to figure it out from there. When you start a new game for those modes for the custom rosters, remember to select the option to load custom rosters. There will probably be rosters coming out within the next few days with rookies from the Draft, and as free agency goes on, those moves as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »