Home

Can you guys even drive to the basket with these useless dribbling moves?

This is a discussion on Can you guys even drive to the basket with these useless dribbling moves? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2016, 09:45 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Can you guys even drive to the basket with these useless dribbling moves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
Probably because this hasn't been an issue for 9 months IMO. I personally noticed this happening once patch 6 went live. The dribbling has went downhill since. The guards lose the ball or pick up their dribble too often and even with good spacing you'll still stutter or get pulled into the defender. It's quite terrible. I pray 2k gets things right in 17 smh.
I agree, patch 6 has dumbed down SOME of the ability to dribble. Keep in mind it was for good reason due to people abusing certain moves.

However, to the OP, I can still utilize my dribble moves to get to the rim, create space or lose the defender. It is usually the second or third move that gets me past the defender.

Example: Signature size-up isomotion, crossover to left hand (Still with me at the time), between the legs or behind the back after I get his momentum shifted the wrong way and finish the play by attacking the rack or finding the open man due to help defense collapsing.

The best way to describe it is to read and react, quickly. With that being said, I still think a select few NBA players need more explosion off the dribble that differentiates them from the rest.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:46 AM   #10
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
Took you 9 months to form an opinion on this...oh...you're probably another person who just downloaded the game for free and have started complaining in the past 2 weeks instead of getting better...
Okay?? Does it matter when he got the game? No need to bash him if you're not gonna help man.

To OP, I sometimes have luck with good ball handlers like Kyrie and Jamal Crawford. If I'm not using them, I almost always have to use a PNR to get past my defender. Like you said, those times where I get sucked into the defender really stinks.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 06-22-2016, 09:59 AM   #11
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Jersez has a great instructional vid in the highlight thread.

Anyone agree that the size ups are more effective than the manual moves? I prefer the manual moves and struggle at times to iso and drive. When I cave in and use the size ups I have much more success.

If this is the case, I hope they address this for '17. It's more fun for me using the manual moves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 10:36 AM   #12
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Jersez has a great instructional vid in the highlight thread.

Anyone agree that the size ups are more effective than the manual moves? I prefer the manual moves and struggle at times to iso and drive. When I cave in and use the size ups I have much more success.

If this is the case, I hope they address this for '17. It's more fun for me using the manual moves.
The cpu on ball defender mirrors the left stick movement of the user. This makes the manual moves more diffcult. Moves that allow you to move in a different direction then where the left stick is aimed, like sizeups, are more effective.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 06-22-2016, 12:58 PM   #13
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
The cpu on ball defender mirrors the left stick movement of the user. This makes the manual moves more diffcult. Moves that allow you to move in a different direction then where the left stick is aimed, like sizeups, are more effective.
I figured that.

The size ups look cool but are to automated for my taste. I use them at the end of games, when my offense breaks down and I have to have a basket.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:08 PM   #14
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

I usually do a size up, explode one way and then once the CPU or player bites I hit them with a behind the back. Make sure there's enough space or the ball will hit off the defender's foot during the behind the back.

That hesitation into a spin move is also nice. I don't have a clip but basically you push right stick to the ball hand to do a hesitation and then twirl the right stick clockwise and you'll explode out with a spin move.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:29 PM   #15
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't use a ton of dribble moves, as that's not how I try to score normally. But when I'm driving out of a stationary position, I have the most luck with sizeups (left or right), or the quick spin. When I already have a head of steam going at the defender, I prefer either the in-and-out or the between the legs dribble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 06:18 PM   #16
Banned

iloveosalot's Arena

This site has been in denial about dribble moves all year. I hate dribbling this year more than any aspect of this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »