Home

Can you guys even drive to the basket with these useless dribbling moves?

This is a discussion on Can you guys even drive to the basket with these useless dribbling moves? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2016, 08:19 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Can you guys even drive to the basket with these useless dribbling moves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
This discussion should almost be broken up by online/offline. Online I don't want to see them do anything that makes beating your guy any easier. I don't play enough offline to have an opinion of the CPU's defense. Is that something that can be fixed by adjusting sliders if you're having issues beating them?
Computers are pretty clamps. Even defenders that have no reason staying in front of a defender do so with relative ease.

Coupled with the fact that many of the shots that would be great open looks when exploiting a mismatch won't be green. Thus you're better off resetting for a green look or dunk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2016, 11:41 AM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
This discussion should almost be broken up by online/offline. Online I don't want to see them do anything that makes beating your guy any easier. I don't play enough offline to have an opinion of the CPU's defense. Is that something that can be fixed by adjusting sliders if you're having issues beating them?
It can definitely be adjusted through sliders for offline. no question
Old 06-25-2016, 01:01 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy59
Only reason you got past him is the spin move. If you did that alone, you would have gotten him, it's too op.
You could have probably saved the OP lots of time then, by just telling him to use the spin move when you posted on the first page of this thread. I've read most of it and I don't remember reading that from anyone. But now it's this crazy OP move apparently! Every day is a school day, I suppose.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:07 PM   #44
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
I don't remember reading that from anyone. But now it's this crazy OP move apparently! Every day is a school day, I suppose.
If only now you're hearing that move is OP then idk what cave you been living in. You can abuse CPU defense with that move if you get the timing down.

The post spin is another one but can be mitigated against a great post defender like Draymond.

Last edited by Crossover1; 06-25-2016 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:24 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
If only now you're hearing that move is OP then idk what cave you been living in. You can abuse CPU defense with that move if you get the timing down.

The post spin is another one but can be mitigated against a great post defender like Draymond.
Like I said, every day is a school day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2016, 09:34 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1

Is the post spin same as the dropstep? And man, if you are desperate to cheese against the AI, you can just press post up some dude in the paint and just drive inside you will get a foul call 3/5 times...stuipd 2K totally take away my favourite part in basketball, the post game....
Old 06-27-2016, 12:10 AM   #47
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

I think the reason the spin move is so OP is due to the games engine. It seems that some moves can't branch off into a body to body collision animation. Instead the ball is what the game looks for when checking collisions. So when you do a spin move the game checks to see if the ball collides with anything. If it does then the ball handler does a 2 second stagger animation where he loses the ball. This is a stand in for player collision animations because (lets be honest) if you tried to spin into a defender irl you both would hit the floor. If the ball doesn't hit anyone then the player gets by without any contact. You can see in the video Yesh2k posted. It looks like he spins directly into the defender but since the ball doesn't collide with the defender he gets by unimpeded.

You can see this with other dribble moves like some crossovers if you do it with enough space. I think that is why there is a gather dribble (or whatever you call it) that initiates when you try a dribble move too close to a defender. It is to mitigate this lack of player collision.

Please tell me that made sense lol

Last edited by Dyslexicphish; 06-27-2016 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:36 AM   #48
Banned

iloveosalot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyslexicphish
I think the reason the spin move is so OP is due to the games engine. It seems that some moves can't branch off into a body to body collision animation. Instead the ball is what the game looks for when checking collisions. So when you do a spin move the game checks to see if the ball collides with anything. If it does then the ball handler does a 2 second stagger animation where he loses the ball. This is a stand in for player collision animations because (lets be honest) if you tried to spin into a defender irl you both would hit the floor. If the ball doesn't hit anyone then the player gets by without any contact. You can see in the video Yesh2k posted. It looks like he spins directly into the defender but since the ball doesn't collide with the defender he gets by unimpeded.

You can see this with other dribble moves like some crossovers if you do it with enough space. I think that is why there is a gather dribble (or whatever you call it) that initiates when you try a dribble move too close to a defender. It is to mitigate this lack of player collision.

Please tell me that made sense lol
It makes sense as an explanation as to what transpires, but the reason WHY it's like that is dumb.

Idk how 2k expects to have any semblance of a "sim" title if there is no concept of physics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »