Home

Can you guys even drive to the basket with these useless dribbling moves?

This is a discussion on Can you guys even drive to the basket with these useless dribbling moves? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2016, 02:53 AM   #49
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can you guys even drive to the basket with these useless dribbling moves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveosalot
It makes sense as an explanation as to what transpires, but the reason WHY it's like that is dumb.

Idk how 2k expects to have any semblance of a "sim" title if there is no concept of physics.
Because a custom built physics engine is incredibly difficult to create. They can often do wacky and unpredictable things. EA has decided to utilize a physic engine in most, if not all, of their sports titles and there are numerous videos on youtube showing it breaking.

With that said NBA 2k is a AAA title. They should have the resources to develop it. But they still have problems with the ball going through players so idk.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:52 AM   #50
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
You could have probably saved the OP lots of time then, by just telling him to use the spin move when you posted on the first page of this thread. I've read most of it and I don't remember reading that from anyone. But now it's this crazy OP move apparently! Every day is a school day, I suppose.
There's 2-3 more 'OP' moves you can use against the CPU as well that have been money for a while now....tbh

They aren't needed though, you can absolutely get past the CPU using a variety of moves, including the one you did before the spin.....I've been posting examples all year..

I really hope they don't dumb down dribbling so defenders aren't just dissapearing after a couple stick presses next year...
Old 06-27-2016, 01:39 PM   #51
Banned

iloveosalot's Arena

OVR: 0

Dude... 24, we've been going back and forth on this all year (bo, btw). Im not saying every defender should melt underneath my feet, i just wish on ANY of my players this year, i could hesi left and killer cross to the right without an animation break. Its literally the most basic move but there's 30 animations that make that move impossible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2016, 01:44 PM   #52
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Jersez has a great instructional vid in the highlight thread.

Anyone agree that the size ups are more effective than the manual moves? I prefer the manual moves and struggle at times to iso and drive. When I cave in and use the size ups I have much more success.

If this is the case, I hope they address this for '17. It's more fun for me using the manual moves.
What's jersez's youtube channel ? Has he changed ? I was subbed to his channel but haven't seen him upload anything in a while.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:49 PM   #53
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveosalot
Dude... 24, we've been going back and forth on this all year (bo, btw). Im not saying every defender should melt underneath my feet, i just wish on ANY of my players this year, i could hesi left and killer cross to the right without an animation break. Its literally the most basic move but there's 30 animations that make that move impossible.
You CAN do that though.. It's all about watching and reacting to the computer.. You shouldn't be able to do that every play but you absolutely can get to the rim with simple moves and move chains. I feel like I'm playing a different game than people in this thread because I absolutely feast when there's a CPU on me as a guard.. The only thing a CPU gives me trouble with is stealing passes but if I was being honest with myself, most of those passes that get stolen I probably shouldn't have passed to begin with. I use passes that I normally use to take advantage of human's slow reaction time and try to do the same against the CPU and it doesn't work.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:50 PM   #54
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
You CAN do that though.. It's all about watching and reacting to the computer.. You shouldn't be able to do that every play but you absolutely can get to the rim with simple moves and move chains. I feel like I'm playing a different game than people in this thread because I absolutely feast when there's a CPU on me as a guard.. The only thing a CPU gives me trouble with is stealing passes but if I was being honest with myself, most of those passes that get stolen I probably shouldn't have passed to begin with. I use passes that I normally use to take advantage of human's slow reaction time and try to do the same against the CPU and it doesn't work.
Could you upload some clips of you driving past the CPU ? I'am interested.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:01 PM   #55
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

Does everyone agree that overall players lack explosiveness or nah ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2016, 02:37 PM   #56
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
What's jersez's youtube channel ? Has he changed ? I was subbed to his channel but haven't seen him upload anything in a while.
His tutorial is under United Sim Gaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Does everyone agree that overall players lack explosiveness or nah ?
I do. Folks say it's about timing but I haven't figured it out yet. And no one I've seen seems to give much detail on that timing. Just "gotta time it". Getting the defender to commit is an easy concept to follow and duplicate. Exploding once I see an opening has been quite difficult. Part of it might be the CPU's ability to slide back into position after seeming to be beat, but I can't seem to explode to the lane either way.

Like I said earlier, dribbling seems to require user skill above and beyond what's necessary in any other aspect of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »