Home

Derrick Rose Traded to the Knicks in a Blockbuster Deal

This is a discussion on Derrick Rose Traded to the Knicks in a Blockbuster Deal within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2016, 05:09 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Derrick Rose Traded to the Knicks in a Blockbuster Deal

Derrick Rose is going to be a New York Knick for the 2016-17 NBA Season.

In a blockbuster pre-draft trade, the Knicks acquired Derrick Rose and Justin Holiday from the Bulls while sending Robin Lopez, Jose Calderon, and Jerian Grant to Chicago.

The Knicks also acquired a 2017 second round pick from Chicago.

Quote:
A source close to Rose said the Chicago native was very emotional about leaving his hometown team, which drafted him No. 1 overall out of Memphis in 2008, because of all his great memories there but that he wanted the big stage of New York.

Once Rose got word the Bulls were looking to trade him, he hoped it would be to the Knicks.

"His first choice was New York," the source said. "He wants the spotlight."

Rose's trade is going to change how players approach the Knicks -- with a starting lineup which now will include Rose and Carmelo Anthony. That is, of course, assuming Rose can stay healthy. Rose did play in 66 games last season, but he's battled injuries much of the last four seasons. Rose averaged nearly 32 minutes per game in 2015-16 and scored 16.4 points per game with 4.7 assists per game.

Rose's ratings will likely be pretty solid in NBA 2K17 given his stats -- and combined that with Anthony and suddenly the Knicks look a little more like a team with a little better chance at the playoffs.

What do you think? Was this a good trade for New York? What about Chicago? Is this a trade which will benefit the Bulls as well? Are you more likely to give the Knicks a try in NBA 2K17 now?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 05:24 PM   #2
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Derrick Rose Traded to the Knicks in a Blockbuster Deal

Good trade for the Knicks. It'll be a lot more people running w/ the Knicks in 2K17 especially if they get a Pau or Dwight.

I wish we could get somewhat of these blockbuster deals in 2K sometimes. I've never seen one in MyCareer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 06-22-2016, 05:36 PM   #3
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Not a good trade for Chicago as far as talent they got in return, in all honesty if I was the bulls I would have kept D. Rose and let his contract fall off for the cap room next season as there isn't much in the draft PG wise to take D. Rose spot...and there isn't much in free agency either this season. Oh well....guess they are rebuilding....I dislike my bulls front office. Knicks got the better deal in this trade, at least Chicago could have traded rose for a draft pick to some other team.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:00 PM   #4
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0

Nice. Knicks are gonna be fun to run with in 17.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:06 PM   #5
Pro

KwiLL23's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
Not a good trade for Chicago as far as talent they got in return, in all honesty if I was the bulls I would have kept D. Rose and let his contract fall off for the cap room next season as there isn't much in the draft PG wise to take D. Rose spot...and there isn't much in free agency either this season. Oh well....guess they are rebuilding....I dislike my bulls front office. Knicks got the better deal in this trade, at least Chicago could have traded rose for a draft pick to some other team.
I agree. Gar Forman and John Paxon should have left a long time ago. I guess we will draft Wade Baldwin as the mock drafts predicted. I know Noah and Pau isn't coming back now. Knicks should now go after Dwight or Horford. Rose, whoever at the 2, Melo, Kristaps, and Dwight or Horford is pretty good on paper. Don't the Knicks have $45 million in cap space since Afflalo and Williams opted out?

Last edited by KwiLL23; 06-22-2016 at 08:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 06:30 PM   #6
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Let's see how long he stays healthy. Next up we should go after D12...lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2016, 09:14 PM   #7
Rookie

twebb5896's Arena

OVR: 0

This would have been a great move in 2010 lol. What's up with the Knicks and getting point guards post-prime? It literally hasn't worked out once for them
Old 06-22-2016, 09:28 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

Ok, that's a bad idea...it's going be so fun using the team in 2k but in reality I just don't think it will work out...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »