Home

3 years in a row I've stopped playing because of patches.

This is a discussion on 3 years in a row I've stopped playing because of patches. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2016, 02:42 PM   #1
Banned

iloveosalot's Arena

OVR: 0
3 years in a row I've stopped playing because of patches.

Every year it seems 2k puts out a decently balanced game, there's always a little more athleticism in the beginning of the year, which people complain about and they get rid of it. 2ks idea of "fixing" the game is to totally break certain aspects of the game for "balance" but i feel its always a handi cap to the players who refuse to get better and instead want to shoot contested jumpers instead of working the ball around.

2k needs to decide what company it wants to be vs. Always trying to please everyone. I miss the days when the game i bought in september was the game i was still playing throughout the year.

I really feel robbed the last 3 years and am leaning towards never buying into this franchise again because they can't release a product they will stand behind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2016, 04:36 PM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: 3 years in a row I've stopped playing because of patches.

3rd strike would be it for me.personally if i wasn't fond of the outcome...why keep buying? just my take...

As far as I'm concerned though, patch 6 did wonders for the game and going forward I never want them to stop trying to improve things....unfortunately not everything is an easy fix that will work perfectly....just the reality of things...

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 06-25-2016 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-25-2016, 11:53 PM   #3
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
3rd strike would be it for me.personally if i wasn't fond of the outcome...why keep buying? just my take...

As far as I'm concerned though, patch 6 did wonders for the game and going forward I never want them to stop trying to improve things....unfortunately not everything is an easy fix that will work perfectly....just the reality of things...
Yeah, as much as people down patch 6, it really separated the cheeseballs from the guys that can work an offense. And it definitely separated them from guys that know how to play and use the dribbling system.

I feel like shooting should be slightly turned down, but It isn't something I'm going to lose sleep over. Only real thing I want fixed is the posterizer algorithm. I'm not sure why it's coded to exclude certain animations if you have any dunks equipped(got a few theories). I'd like to have my fun dunks and still get monster posters, but it's also not super important

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 06-26-2016, 09:38 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Lots and lots of money is being thrown at this.

I would like better than essential gameplay mechanics needing 6 patches and 10 months.

I'm sorry about that.

Edit:

I could forgive if massive undertakings weren't immediate and required time and work.

But the fact that MANY MANY MANY aspects of the game's experience are lacking, incorrect, missing, wrong, profit driven make you think this is just sad and aggravating.

Oh lets release a David Thompson Card! Did anybody check if he could dunk? Oh well.

Oh Jason Kidd. I don't want to make the actual card, so I'm going to use Chris Paul and give him a bowling ball head.

It's embarrassing.

Last edited by A6_Foul_Out; 06-26-2016 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:09 AM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6_Foul_Out
Lots and lots of money is being thrown at this.

I would like better than essential gameplay mechanics needing 6 patches and 10 months.

I'm sorry about that.

Edit:

I could forgive if massive undertakings weren't immediate and required time and work.

But the fact that MANY MANY MANY aspects of the game's experience are lacking, incorrect, missing, wrong, profit driven make you think this is just sad and aggravating.

Oh lets release a David Thompson Card! Did anybody check if he could dunk? Oh well.

Oh Jason Kidd. I don't want to make the actual card, so I'm going to use Chris Paul and give him a bowling ball head.

It's embarrassing.
Sure, I'd like it if they could completely fix all issues with the snap of a finger as well...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2016, 10:29 AM   #6
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't know if this will work for you, OP. but:

When I get the gameplay I like out of a sports title, I sign my PS4 out of the internet from the settings screen...

That prevents patches from being downloaded or installed...

Not ideal, but it's saved me from continuous slider rebuilds, etc...
Old 06-26-2016, 12:43 PM   #7
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

It's a delicate balance for the 2k devs. They release the game as it should be, but then all the online users complain about cheesing and so they tweak everything for the sake of the online world (where the money is, lets face it), but then it becomes clunky and frustrating to play against cpu. It takes the fun out of it because it doesn't feel right/realistic.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:18 PM   #8
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

I actually think the patches have made this game way better.

I still have my issues with it but as someone whose been playing this since midnight of launch day I think the gameplay is 10x better than what it was at release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »