Home

Is 2k starting to feel a little dated to anyone else?

This is a discussion on Is 2k starting to feel a little dated to anyone else? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2016, 07:33 PM   #33
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Is 2k starting to feel a little dated to anyone else?

I see way more significant changes as opposed to numerous other sports games I play every year. It's not stale to me, it just needs improvements at its core. The slow animations and unresponsiveness, the defensive a.i., and the passing all are major turnoffs for me that keep me from playing this game more. On the flip side, the freelance offenses and the customization of MYLeague are mind blowing to me. Major major upgrades in those areas. I have high hopes for 17

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 07-02-2016, 05:26 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 10

It doesn't change that much. It's still basically the same game, but they add in a few important changes. For instance, they made it so that the cpu won't let you steal as easily. They made it harder to steal the inbounds.

However, using this example, they also made your char more fumbling. It's fine if you wanna punish people for overusing steal animations, but making steal animations not work sometimes is really annoying.

I pretty much know exactly what is going to happen both offline and online and I can stop it... but not always. So, they really have made a lot of things weaker... and some things stronger, like blocking under the rim is way too strong now.

It is dated because their approach is a kind of animation/probability approach opposed to fluidity. It looks good in action, but you can only go so far with that. I don't think they need to re-code as much as make the animations shorter and branch out more.

For instance, imagine if you drove to the basket and upon triggering a bump animation, you could take a reaction (fade, try to power thru, try to draw foul), then they could take a reaction to that, etc. Would work wonders for dribbling, too.

Dribbling has too much abuse of power animations, opposed to just reading and reacting. If they made the 'step by animation' that gets you drives into something that you had to trigger at a certain point by moving the defender and/or catching them sleeping, and also gave them a reaction to possibly poke the ball loose as you did... or the same with cross overs, allow people who know a crossover is coming or a move is coming to steal the ball more often than not. Make people start with safe moves that branch into other animations then hit the 'overpowered' animation when the defender is reacting.

It sounds complex, but I don't think it would be. It would just require, as I said, more branches. It would increase the skill cap so much and would work in every facet of the game, but I've been saying that for years.

-Smak
Old 07-03-2016, 11:25 AM   #35
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

OVR: 0

Its a matter of personality and how critical you are towards video games

To me it gets boring because been the same for years
Its a good game but the ovrrall atmosphere of it is dead anumation dribble wise ..also graphically it could have more improvements.
But thats just my opinion..we humans differ

Been playing games vs my brother on hall of fame sim

I counted 9 blocks the first quarter alone 6 min quarter's
Everytime you go up in rhe paintits a block regardless of the ratings

Also three balls falling ridiculously on hof sim its funny

I dropped 2k for 2 months now .

Last edited by HUSTLER_79; 07-03-2016 at 11:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2016, 11:59 AM   #36
Rookie

twebb5896's Arena

Also the terrible crowd reactions take away from my excitement. I hit a huge shot with under a minute left and MY crowd goes silent. Or the crowd/bench reacts the same to a layup as the do to a vicious poster dunk. I wish I had the clip but once I had a big basket made against me and instead of gasping, my home crowd erupted for the other team.
Old 07-03-2016, 12:06 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 15

Can't wait for 2K17 news. I get the feeling a lot of this will be addressed.
Old 07-03-2016, 12:09 PM   #38
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

Its just a matter of spending their man hours ..if they really wanted the game to flourish they could

But they spend time on the "money"
Side of the game .thats all
Old 07-03-2016, 12:46 PM   #39
Rookie

It's time to move to a physics engine
Old 07-03-2016, 04:18 PM   #40
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

my problem with 2k is that the game doesnt feel like im playing it anymore. and that im at the mercy of the Game /CPU. like There is nothing more annoying than me pushing to pass to my SF but the ball flying into the paint for my Center with 3 guys around him.

or when the game decides that for a quarter, the guy you are playing can pass the ball like hes the globetrotters yet you cant do a ******* Handoff correctly

or how the game can call the same foul 2 different ways Depending on how momentum is going. LOL.

things like this can ruin the online feel for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »