Home

Missed Dunks

This is a discussion on Missed Dunks within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2016, 09:24 AM   #9
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Missed Dunks

I still think dunk sucess is to high. However, they should call way more fouls when people challenge dunks and there are to many blocked dunks. So i agree and disagree.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 06-29-2016, 02:47 PM   #10
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Here was the crazy logic that drove me crazy in one game. I find my players for open dunks and my opponent drives in the lane for contact layups that go down..... No way should this crap be rewarded.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:00 PM   #11
Rookie

kurt2134's Arena

OVR: 5

I would agree. It's not neccesarily that dunks are missed, it's the types of dunks that are missed. I hate it when I get blocked by a PG or something silly like that when I just dunked through like 3 defenders a few plays before. It's rare but I've had it happen to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2016, 12:10 AM   #12
Banned

iloveosalot's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Here was the crazy logic that drove me crazy in one game. I find my players for open dunks and my opponent drives in the lane for contact layups that go down..... No way should this crap be rewarded.

TWO HANDED MISSED DUNK BY SHAQ AND NOT A MILLION LIKES FOR THIS?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

That is OFFENSIVE and the reason why inside and balanced players are HORRRSSSEEEESSSSHHHHHIIIIITTTTT in this game.
Old 06-30-2016, 02:18 AM   #13
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Missed Dunks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveosalot
TWO HANDED MISSED DUNK BY SHAQ AND NOT A MILLION LIKES FOR THIS?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

That is OFFENSIVE and the reason why inside and balanced players are HORRRSSSEEEESSSSHHHHHIIIIITTTTT in this game.

This is the type of stuff that kills me. Missed dunks like in that video RARELY happen and I mean RARELY. I've maybe seen a wide open dunk like that missed once or twice since I've been playing this game. And that's maybe my first time ever seeing a missed standing dunk.

2K sometimes see stuff like this and next thing you know there isn't any missed dunks at ALL anymore. They happen in real life rarely and it's also very rare in the game. Missed dunks period don't happen that much in this game where it needs a thread dedicated to it.

It happens man:

https://youtu.be/iyAZscOqu-o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 06-30-2016, 02:23 AM   #14
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
This is the type of stuff that kills me. Missed dunks like in that video RARELY happen and I mean RARELY. I've maybe seen a wide open dunk like that missed once or twice since I've been playing this game. And that's maybe my first time ever seeing a missed standing dunk.

2K sometimes see stuff like this and next thing you know there isn't any missed dunks at ALL anymore. They happen in real life rarely and it's also very rare in the game. Missed dunks period don't happen that much in this game where it needs a thread dedicated to it.

It happens man:

https://youtu.be/iyAZscOqu-o

so that should happen in a video game ? Hell no . That's just going to add more fire to the "scripted " BS that gets thrown around here
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 06-30-2016, 02:32 AM   #15
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Missed Dunks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
so that should happen in a video game ? Hell no . That's just going to add more fire to the "scripted " BS that gets thrown around here

Why not? So dunks should be 100%? If the ball is live stuff like what happen should be possible. It happens IRL. You act like this is a regular occurrence.

And who cares about that "scripted" stuff? 2K said its not so its not. I don't believe in that either. It's just a missed dunk that rarely ever happens lol. Yeah I'll be mad if I was losing too but it happens.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2016, 02:36 AM   #16
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Why not? So dunks should be 100%? If the ball is live stuff like what happen should be possible. It happens IRL. You act like this is a regular occurrence.

And who cares about that "scripted" stuff? 2K said its not so its not. I don't believe in that either. It's just a missed dunk that rarely ever happens lol. Yeah I'll be mad if I was losing too but it happens.

It does happen often. Play pro am walk on . Sometimes when you dunk the game calls out of bounds. Which is counted as a missed shot .

if I missed that dunk with the game on the line I would break my controller.

Also there are tipped rebounds (Tyson Chandler) in real life but that's not in the game. Everything that happens in real life is not in the game .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »