Home

Help Me With MyGM!!

This is a discussion on Help Me With MyGM!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2016, 10:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question Help Me With MyGM!!

Warning, this is a long thread but please bear with me.

I used a 2017 draft class and I drafted Jayson Tatum first pick. I was thrilled as I also got the number 6 pick Deron Davis. Fast forward to the year 2022. Jayson Tatum was injured in the year 2020 and got worse. However he is still getting worse at the player progression stage in 2022. He was the Finals MVP when we won 2 straight. However in 2022 Deron Davis won with shockingly better stats. They are both the same age, however Davis is progressing FAR better. Their official titles are "Athletic Guard" for Tatum but Davis has changed into "Athletic Superstar."

Before anybody starts saying potential to blame well their potentials are both A+. Could it still be injuries? Maybe I simmed and he got injured without me knowing?

When I got the number 1 pick I built my whole team around Tatum. Its because of him that we were even contending. He has yet to win an MVP because D'angelo Russell has progressed very well and won 2 years in a row. At this rate it will be Davis or my 23 year old SF. Of course, my ultimate end goal is to keep Tatum around as long as possible and see him get in the hall of fame. I want to make sure he stays with my team his whole career or as long as possible, but If he is hurting the team more than helping then he will have to go.

While babbling about my life story I almost forgot to tell their OVRs. In his second season, Tatum progressed to 89. In the current season he is 83. In his first season, Davis was 81. He now sits at 88 and is still progressing. Any help will be appreciated.

To end of this thread I would like to ask do you like MyGM or MyLeague better? Also what draft classes does everyone use? Anyway thanks for any and all feedback!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2016, 04:23 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Help Me With MyGM!!

I can't remember exactly where I read this info but it did come from one of the developers blog.

If you go from the main menu to where you can actually edit players, you will see that players have a peak age that they max out at. Of course injuries could significantly hurt that player's overall progression and depending on other variables, it doesn't seem impossible that a player 5 years into his career gets injured and progresses downhill.

If you look when you edit players, you will see different ages that players peak at and then they basically have plateaued and will go downhill.

I'm sure that sucks building around a #1 and I instantly think of Greg Oden. I'm glad the real pressure and the incoming heart attack/stroke from being overworked falls on the real GM's of the league. I'll stick to simulation!
Old 07-09-2016, 04:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Help Me With MyGM!!

I do believe it was injuries because my player Michael Porter was also injured and now 60 ovr but Deron Davis, who wasnt injured, is now 36 and still 97 xD

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »