Home

Tall centers good in game but not real life ?

This is a discussion on Tall centers good in game but not real life ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2016, 10:21 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Tall centers good in game but not real life ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Unless his ratings are better for shooting and stealing: I don't know how he does things better but you have a point if it's simply because he's tall albeit there is no objective proof that shows height makes 2k players play offense and deffense better by virtue of length alone.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
There is no "objective proof", but there is 90 percent of 2k players saying it. I don't know if you play myteam, but if you do just go stick boban in your lineup. I used silver boban as a backup center the whole year (would be starter if I didn't have Ralph Sampson, another giant) and never had any complaint going up against wilt, Bill Russell, shaq, etc. You can know all the post moves you want with elite players to get by him but he'll just block you from behind. You can try up and unders to keep him off balance, but he doesn't have to jump to block your shot so he won't move. Players can box him out, but he'll just reach over your back and get the rebound anyway. You can play good defense but he'll just act like you're not there. I mean it's honestly broken how good these big centers are, they're demigods in there own right.... I have a friend in an online league who uses Yao and oh my don't even get me started there......

The only reason I can logically say this year for using a smaller center is to run the floor better or if you just feel guilty about using these players unrealistically.
Old 07-02-2016, 11:54 AM   #34
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Relevant from the PNO thread

Quote:
Tall Players are too easy to dominate with. If it wasn't for Frye and Kyrie playing excellent I would've lost to this dude...And he was cheesing the terrible transition defense super hard. SMH

Old 07-02-2016, 03:09 PM   #35
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsingles
There is no "objective proof", but there is 90 percent of 2k players saying it. I don't know if you play myteam, but if you do just go stick boban in your lineup. I used silver boban as a backup center the whole year (would be starter if I didn't have Ralph Sampson, another giant) and never had any complaint going up against wilt, Bill Russell, shaq, etc. You can know all the post moves you want with elite players to get by him but he'll just block you from behind. You can try up and unders to keep him off balance, but he doesn't have to jump to block your shot so he won't move. Players can box him out, but he'll just reach over your back and get the rebound anyway. You can play good defense but he'll just act like you're not there. I mean it's honestly broken how good these big centers are, they're demigods in there own right.... I have a friend in an online league who uses Yao and oh my don't even get me started there......

The only reason I can logically say this year for using a smaller center is to run the floor better or if you just feel guilty about using these players unrealistically.
This post sums up my experience exactly with the taller guys.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2016, 04:05 PM   #36
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsingles

You make fine points.

I don't have any argument on this topic really. I can relate to the experience in terms of what I see CPU bigs and human bigs get away with in My Career and My Park.

It's interesting that 2K allows for slow animations on dunk attempts but blocks are very swift. I get the impression that Broban is a product of success by virtue of his height and animations that favor height.

Is the fix or plea to have quickness ratings yield more comparative results (animations) that would befit their ratings?

Old 07-02-2016, 04:19 PM   #37
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
Relevant from the PNO thread
24 pts in the paint.. it's not like he's gonna score middies and 3s. He also only grabbed 6 boards.

Isn't this realistic for Yao?

Old 07-02-2016, 04:43 PM   #38
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
24 pts in the paint.. it's not like he's gonna score middies and 3s. He also only grabbed 6 boards.

Isn't this realistic for Yao?

5 minute quarters. Lead pass the entire game after he inbounded the ball. He would just wait for Yao to sprint up the court then lead pass him to the rim. I tried stealing the ball and my defender would just freeze instead. Dude even cherry picked with him at one point and dunked on me hard too. It's not like he was posting up and working me down low.

I would say 10/12 of those shots were heavily contested but the lead pass made him dunk/layup through me.

Last edited by Crossover1; 07-02-2016 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:52 PM   #39
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
5 minute quarters. Lead pass the entire game after he inbounded the ball. He would just wait for Yao to sprint up the court then lead pass him to the rim. I tried stealing the ball and my defender would just freeze instead. Dude even cherry picked with him at one point and dunked on me hard too. It's not like he was posting up and working me down low.

I would say 10/12 of those shots were heavily contested but the lead pass made him dunk/layup through me.
I take your point re how lead passing exacerbates the problem at hand with defending someone the size of Yao.

From numbers alone I didn't see any thing that spoke volumes of Yao dominating with his height albeit Ming is a member of the HOF and should be capable of dominating the floor.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2016, 07:56 PM   #40
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

In the park 7'3 centers can take bigs off the dribble with speed. It's kind of an exploit because the defending big is much slower and can't guard it.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »