Home

Tall centers good in game but not real life ?

This is a discussion on Tall centers good in game but not real life ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2016, 01:37 PM   #49
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Tall centers good in game but not real life ?

The rebounding system in general needs to be reworked. I am able to grab 15 brds a game as a avg rebounding 6 10 PF in mycareer as well as proam. I think this will go a long way towards resolving the 7 ft issue. Maybe the 7ft and above crowd less skilled at rebounding but still has the obvious height advantage and the shorter builds allowed higher rebounding caps. Idk if that would work. You guys have any ideas?
Old 07-06-2016, 03:13 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm not a fan of being able to make a build that can do anything that's unrealistic to real life. I started out as a 7 ft C and I always touched the rebounding bars which I think a lot of other bigs tend not to because they think it's useless. Truth is that I couldn't hang with bigger centers because even though you can strip them, you would still get called frequently for fouls and they could easily just post you up and score at will with contested fades if they had fade ace. So I made a 7'2" (couldn't bring myself to make him 7'3") center and there was a world of difference. He can post up, dunk, rebound, do some passing and play defense. Basically he's a more skilled Tyson Chandler which makes sense.

What I don't like that was that if I wanted to, I could make a 7'3" center who can shoot the ball like he's a marksman three point shooter. I know Porzingis is in that mold so it's not unrealistic but there are no real penalties for anyone choosing that build. You still get defense, you still get rebounding, you get shooting and you get enough inside scoring that with your size, you can dominate.

What they need to do is have weaknesses depending on what type of player you go with. If you want to be a 7'3" outside shooting C, then have at it but you should lack on at least the defensive stats (like a Kevin Love who can do everything but play defense). If you want to make a smaller point guard, then you should have a ton of speed but you shouldn't be able to posterize people. Every basketball player has a weakness in reality, no matter how good they are outside of arguably Michael Jordan and even he had to work to get to being that way through the years. Model these players after a comparison build in real life of the best player that after working, you eventually (being the key word) can get to their level instead of just a set template that eventually you become an unstoppable player. That's the issue with Park or Pro-Am, it's just a bunch of all stars playing together who can do no wrong and basically which all star is better than the other, rather than having to work to your strengths and weaknesses of who you are as a player.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:03 AM   #51
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

They give everyone the same animations so the vertical rating is placebo, outside of the jump ball. . Every 7 footer is blocking shots and playing above the square. Edy Tavarez is a monster for the hawks. Additionally, since the quickness, acceleration and vertical ratings dont matter on the game the taller players are unrealistically effective. Every 7 footer is Deandre Jordan. Have no idea why this is in the game.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2016, 08:37 AM   #52
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Willie Caulie Stein is also a monster in Teamup. He's more of a problem than cousins
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 07-08-2016, 11:52 AM   #53
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzombniac
I'm not a fan of being able to make a build that can do anything that's unrealistic to real life. I started out as a 7 ft C and I always touched the rebounding bars which I think a lot of other bigs tend not to because they think it's useless. Truth is that I couldn't hang with bigger centers because even though you can strip them, you would still get called frequently for fouls and they could easily just post you up and score at will with contested fades if they had fade ace. So I made a 7'2" (couldn't bring myself to make him 7'3") center and there was a world of difference. He can post up, dunk, rebound, do some passing and play defense. Basically he's a more skilled Tyson Chandler which makes sense.

What I don't like that was that if I wanted to, I could make a 7'3" center who can shoot the ball like he's a marksman three point shooter. I know Porzingis is in that mold so it's not unrealistic but there are no real penalties for anyone choosing that build. You still get defense, you still get rebounding, you get shooting and you get enough inside scoring that with your size, you can dominate.

What they need to do is have weaknesses depending on what type of player you go with. If you want to be a 7'3" outside shooting C, then have at it but you should lack on at least the defensive stats (like a Kevin Love who can do everything but play defense). If you want to make a smaller point guard, then you should have a ton of speed but you shouldn't be able to posterize people. Every basketball player has a weakness in reality, no matter how good they are outside of arguably Michael Jordan and even he had to work to get to being that way through the years. Model these players after a comparison build in real life of the best player that after working, you eventually (being the key word) can get to their level instead of just a set template that eventually you become an unstoppable player. That's the issue with Park or Pro-Am, it's just a bunch of all stars playing together who can do no wrong and basically which all star is better than the other, rather than having to work to your strengths and weaknesses of who you are as a player.

I don't agree with the smaller guards not being able to dunk and the only thing I feel I need to say to refute that is Nate Robinson the first ever 3 time dunk champ.

And no I'm not a herder like that I have a 7'1 center( can't stand 7'3 fell it's just too cheesy) and a 6'10 SF I use to play stretch 4 in Proam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-2016, 01:19 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think u can't have break stater past 6-11
Old 07-10-2016, 01:42 PM   #55
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

You can my 7'3 center guy has it
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2016, 04:28 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 3

It really boils down to a few things: more lumbering offense/defense animations for the slow, and random stat caps within the given player type chosen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »