Home

I think Passing needs a overhual/reworking. this is getting outragious

This is a discussion on I think Passing needs a overhual/reworking. this is getting outragious within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2016, 07:49 PM   #1
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
I think Passing needs a overhual/reworking. this is getting outragious

When i say it needs a reworking i mean everything about it.

- The act of passing
- the way its defended
- the way the CPU plays it

all 3 are INCREDIBLY Broken. No matter what game mode you play you see it thru-out this game. the most popular one being the "FOOTBALL" Passing that they tried to patch out that kills Pro am.

but there sadly are more. the new thing nowadays seems to be people going for a jump shot and then for whatever reason passing out the top of the shot . IIRC in past 2ks this resulted in a thrown ball and a turn over due to it in all honestly being a BAD PASS, that shouldnt be your GO TO MOVE. however this year after patch 6 i see everyone doing this now, and i hardly see the ball get thrown away and its so infuriating especially when you are playing your best Defense.

like two or maybe 3 things here are being ignored. the person passing ratings and the other guys catch rating and possibly Awareness. 2 below average guys doing this shouldnt be rewarded with a successful pass. im a decent ball player in real life but of 10 attempts with my god brother (also decent) this pass probably has a 40% completion rate due to the surprise nature of this pass.

the other thing that should be fixed. is how the CPU reacts to passing. a cpu who is "out of the play" will end up with the ball with a cheap cheesy steal most of the time. go play pro am and you see it live.

2k needs to allow my passes to go where i TELL THEM TO GO. if i tell my guy to pass on the top of the 3 point line, Why is the ball going to the corner where its going to be turned over cause of the mosh pit over there. Why is it when i tell my guy to pass, he makes a weird motion before hand which happens to be a turnover due to a steal? Why does it seem at times flashy passing is more accurate than a normal pass.

I cant picture a senario where playing like a Harlem globetrotter would be the better option rather than playing the actual sport, but in 2k it feels like you are allowed to get away with this alot more than you should be able too

also and what is probably my last point , how does 2k allow stuff like a ball going thru my players torso and hands, allowing the other guy to get undeserved points on what was good Defense by me. WTF? how does this get a pass by most people. the best one is when i can predict where the ball is going and my guy has his hands out like sherman, and the ball becomes danny phantom and phases through EVERYTHING.

BRUH......... i cant.

Last edited by Ownal0t; 07-04-2016 at 04:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2016, 09:33 PM   #2
Banned

Re: I think Passing needs a overhual/reworking. this is getting outragious

Only seen this about 467896542356874324 times.

You're right, but the game has been this way for 9 months.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:13 AM   #3
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Yeah, the passing isn't great. It feels too slow or something. And the passer animations don't look like they fit the distance of the pass.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:27 AM   #4
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Omg the amount of BS turnovers I get every game because of the passing mechanics..

Lawd please tell me they worked on this for 2K17. Easily one of the worst parts of game play

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2016, 09:24 AM   #5
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Directiona is completely broken, half the times the pass goes to the wrong guy. I've got plently of clips on my profile.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »