Home

Can we end the Super Hero Sized Player Models?

This is a discussion on Can we end the Super Hero Sized Player Models? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2016, 12:54 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Can we end the Super Hero Player Models?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
I'm also pretty sure that the court isn't the right size, proportionally, either.
Yeah the court in relation to player size is absurd. Everything is jammed together, there's no space to operate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2016, 01:07 PM   #66
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Can we end the Super Hero Sized Player Models?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Yeah, Rondo has one of the one the worst player models in the entire game. Hopefully some much needed refinements are made to everyone.

I think we need to come together as a community and really back log all the graphical/accessories/arena/player model issues. Then in January or February create a thread that constuctively points out the art issues, but only in a helpful and respectful manner.

None of that "the devs are lazy/don't care/just want our money" bull.

That way it can hopefully be passed along and seen by the right people in the development team.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

It's what I tried to do here, but if lakers24 makes his thread regarding art, I'll just chime in that one with more details on the pics, like pointing things out directly.

I have a couple of ideas. Don't want to nitpick them to death but there are some things that need immediate attention.

Also man for the last time, players are scaled to court size 1:1

I really do believe all of the bulkiness of players hurt that a bit, and thats my own opinion.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:31 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
there's no way they did a body scan on Chris Bosh and he still ended up with a short neck & huge shoulders like he has in the game.
lol, they need a new scanner:

Old 08-09-2016, 03:47 PM   #68
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Also man for the last time, players are scaled to court size 1:1

I really do believe all of the bulkiness of players hurt that a bit, and thats my own opinion.
Do you happen to know what the player scale was back on the 360/PS3? They looked so much smaller back then. Even tall guys like Yao. I play the old games, mainly 2k12, a lot and it's pretty noticeable. Is it the camera angles?
Old 08-09-2016, 04:16 PM   #69
yellow

23's Arena

No I don't. I have no idea what's going on right now
Old 08-09-2016, 04:51 PM   #70
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by myathebee
It's crazy how PC modders completely expose how lazy these devs are..At least in the art department..These body models are embarrassing..

Body scanning was a complete lie...

Devs have a limited amount of time to work on each player. Modders can work on Kobe for 3 weeks to get him right if they want.

It's not "laziness", it's time.

These devs are FAR from lazy and it's incredibly insulting to even call them that.

I'm actually surprised it's allowed to call the developers lazy around here considering how many of them spend their free time answering questions on this message board.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:03 PM   #71
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Devs have a limited amount of time to work on each player. Modders can work on Kobe for 3 weeks to get him right if they want.

These devs are FAR from lazy and it's incredibly insulting to even call them that.

I'm actually surprised it's allowed to call the developers lazy around here considering how many of them spend their free time answering questions on this message board.
In this instance it's been said over and again, and newcomers say the same thing over and over.

The board polices itself on that, and the words lazy come from ignorance and lack of knowledge on how making games work.

Those comments aren't taken seriously on this site because we already know they're out of bounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2016, 09:28 PM   #72
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929

They're not lazy, but these are guys working 9-5 earning paychecks on a weekly basis for creating player models, so they absolutely are not free from criticism. Particularly when 2K players pump so much money into this company year after year. They'd hardly be strapped for cash. There are guys there dedicated to this very area.

I'm sure many of those modders spend their spare time doing mods to Kobe, so it's hardly like 2K has an excuse.

It really frustrates me that since 2K9 where Live was probably still basketball king and had far more resources they really haven't ever gone to the lengths they would to make everything far more realistic.

Faces have gotten better, mostly on the back of increasing technology I reckon, because there's still some ordinary work in there.

Player models have literally never gotten to a point in any 2K game where I'm wowed by realism and feel of each player. Every guard and wing feels similar in a way to move, the majority of the bigs likewise. 2K has always had this weird clunky look to all of their players and I don't understand why it has never been fixed.

Their realism still comfortably beats FIFA and Madden, but we still have every right to want better.

You only have to go to the Park and look at how similar each player looks to know that there's still a way to go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »