Home

How many mins you guys play per quarter and why?

This is a discussion on How many mins you guys play per quarter and why? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2016, 04:27 PM   #17
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: How many mins you guys play per quarter and why?

12 minutes. I like realistic stats and strategy.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:08 PM   #18
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Do you guys use special sliders to keep your 12 minute games from being way too high scoring? When I play on 12 the scores are like 130-145 every time
Old 07-12-2016, 10:14 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I wish PNO was six minutes.
whats pno bro?
Old 07-12-2016, 10:16 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
6 min quarters. I still use my bench plenty, don't mass substitute much at all. It's half a real game and while a longer game can lead to different outcomes essentially you can just double stats to get an idea what they could've been. I prefer to get through more seasons and experience free agency, draft, see how teams evolve or change etc.. 6 minutes is just long enough to feel like a real NBA experience for me. Plus I don't always have 2 hours to devote to a single game and not a fan of saving mid game. I haven't done that in years.
your last line, exactly me, for the past 7-8 years at 2K, however, the biggest problem i found is that the rotation is so messed up, so messed up to the point i m forced to play longer mins so that the rotation seems to do better, whats your solution to this bro?
Old 07-12-2016, 10:30 PM   #21
Rookie

12! And it's been 12 since I was 12 lol
It's too much to do to cram a 12 minute game into anything less than 11 lol.

But seriously, basketball if played correctly is like a game of chess. It's so much going on its no way you can experience this if you play on rank match minutes. And difficulty.

I honestly want to on know how any of you are having games scoring 140+. I mean realistically the NBA is scoring well over 100 a game. But that's hard to on do if your playing on the hardest level. Which leaves me to believe you guys must be playing on All-Star or Superstar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2016, 10:55 PM   #22
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
Do you guys use special sliders to keep your 12 minute games from being way too high scoring? When I play on 12 the scores are like 130-145 every time
Is this online or offline? I hover around 100 points. Your off skills must be way better then mine are. I have never seen 130.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuhead

But seriously, basketball if played correctly is like a game of chess. It's so much going on its no way you can experience this if you play on rank match minutes. And difficulty.

I honestly want to on know how any of you are having games scoring 140+. I mean realistically the NBA is scoring well over 100 a game. But that's hard to on do if your playing on the hardest level. Which leaves me to believe you guys must be playing on All-Star or Superstar.

I am over 100 about half the time on 12 hof sim.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 07-13-2016, 03:03 PM   #23
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

12 minute on All-Star. For me the length gives the opportunity for enough lead changes. My opinion regarding scores. The computer will adjust the pace to your style of play and defense.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:51 PM   #24
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuhead

Right now, I'm running on HOF sim sliders vs the CPU at an average of about 113 per game here. That's a high average for me. But I've got a lineup in this my league file that includes Larry Bird, Shawn Kemp and Oscar Robertson with guys on the court that can hit shots (unlike my real Pacers roster). It doesn't hurt that I'm shooting at 56 percent from the field and going to the line close to 20 times a game.

In the NBA this past year the Warriors averaged 113 a game and that's about what the HOF CPU Warriors are averaging in my file as well so it's not out of line.

If I was running with my normal Pacers roster, it would be a 100 or under for sure.

If you have a strong offensive team, your scores would be higher. Most people push the ball all of the time and run, run, run which I don't and I can see guys getting the score up there. I also see guys with constant defensive pressure where I sit back more and count on the opponent to make mistakes instead of forcing them. That's a factor too.

Versus users, on 12 minute quarters, I've had some great battles with low scores. One I remember with RedStickGamer where the score was like 78-77 with a minute in the game to go. Most user games are realistic scores for me for the most part.

I've also seen users rack up 150 vs each other which is crazy. I could never score that much. Unless I'm on rookie level where I can break 200 easy lol.

So lower difficulty could also easily add to your scoring average in the 12 minute environment.

Patches throughout the year also affect how much I can score.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 07-13-2016 at 03:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »