Home

How Would You Rebuild the OKC Thunder?

This is a discussion on How Would You Rebuild the OKC Thunder? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2016, 04:43 PM   #17
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12
First, I would acquire the team with every intention to move them. I would send emails to the Commissioner stating so. I would tell the public about how proud I was to be in Oklahoma City. How I would do everything I could to keep the team there and help to bring them a championship.

Then, I would trade away any good players in hopes of dropping the interest level as much as I could (Including Westbrook of course). I would continue talking to the Commissioner asking for help in the approval of moving the team in private.

After that, I would come up with bogus arena proposals funded almost entirely by public money. When it looks like the city has too much time left to come up with a deal due to the signed lease I still have with the current arena, especially when we had a budding superstar on our roster now. I would again ask for help from my buddy the commissioner. The Commissioner would then threaten the city that if they did not let me buy out of their lease to move the team, the NBA would never come back to Oklahoma City. The Mayor will not call their bluff, and decide oh snap we better let them leave early before we give ourselves a shot at coming up with a more reasonable arena proposal.

So I then move the team to another city. Probably about 30 spots lower on the list of best markets in the country. We will state over and over in the media about how there wasn't fan support in Oklahoma City. People will misconstrue that as people not going to the games (which would of course be false, it would be about the bogus public funded arena proposal that wasn't supported).

We would eventually fail to win a Championship with tons of talent in the new city. Our top superstar will leave to attempt a shot at winning a championship elsewhere.. Because let's face it, nobody really wants to live in the new city...

I dont know... Just an idea...

Last edited by Outkizast; 07-13-2016 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:10 PM   #18
Rookie

The_Gaming_Disciple's Arena

OVR: 8
As a GM I would move Westbrook before or at the trade deadline if he is not willing to re-sign or is mum about his intentions to re-sign.

Move Oladipo to the PG position for a trial run.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:02 PM   #19
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: How Would You Rebuild the OKC Thunder?

I'd trade Westbrook to Boston for Smart, Jaylen Brown, R.J. Hunter and Brooklyn's 2017 pick.

That gives you a replacement for RWB & KD, plus a young shooter with potential, a top pick in the next years draft and lot's of cap space.

A team of...

Smart, Payne
Olandipo, Robertson, Morrow, Hunter
Brown, Illyasava, Singler
Kanter, Collinson, Sabonis
Adams, McGary

... probably wouldn't be good enough to make the playoffs out West, but as long as Smart and Brown pan out and with two lottery picks they should have a bright future.

Edit: also I would throw the max at Blake Griffin offseason to try to bring him back to Oklahoma

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 07-20-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:34 AM   #20
Rookie

Deflo_'s Arena

OVR: 5
I would move Westbrook immediately. Waiting until the trade deadline will be a disaster as teams will smell the desperation even more than they do now. Not to mention the disruption to the current roster/season of making the change at that time. It is best for all parties for the Thunder to move Westbrook now, assuming they know he will not resign.

I'd probably try to trade him to a team that can send at least two proven young assets + picks. I think Boston makes the most sense for everyone as they are in a win now mode. I'd take back Brown and Smart plus picks.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:02 AM   #21
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0

Adams will get a nice boost for next season, Kanter scoring cheese, Oladipo is well rounded. If you move Russ you'll either get solid players or solid picks. I'd send him to Philly for two of their unprotected picks. Those most likely will get you two top 5 players in the same draft. I don't see many teams letting go of a superstar to get Weatbrook without a contract. Obviously a sign and trade would be required.

Or just keep him, and they're still a playoff team with Dipo, Kanter, and Adams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2016, 07:25 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 3

OKC and teams considering trading for Westbrook are in a tough spot. Will anyone give up the pieces OKC will want without Westbrook agreeing to an extension? If the Lakers really think they can get him next offseason, will they give up enough? They're not contenders even with Westbrook this year.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:39 PM   #23
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

First, why does OKC need to rebuild ?
Old 07-25-2016, 02:51 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

not lose james harden lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »