Home

Limited 2k17 News: Concerned or Patient?

This is a discussion on Limited 2k17 News: Concerned or Patient? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 11:46 AM   #49
Pro

lkasprzak's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Limited 2k17 News: Concerned or Patient?

I hope, they`ll hits us with some BIG news, like revamped gameplay engine I`ll buy it anyway, like every year - but really - I just hope that they put some work into MyLeague - which its broken since always :/

Old 07-17-2016, 12:10 PM   #50
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight23
I think the success of 2k16 is why we haven't received news on the upcoming release. Same reason I believe 2k16 was released on PlayStation plus. They have really milked 2k16 & it has seemed to work. I constantly still see people play the game everyday when I jump online. Also, the lack of news has kept me interested in 2k16. Once I start seeing gameplay for the new release I'm sure I won't play it as much.
Lol, I'm the same way! Once I start seeing the new info, I typically lose interest in the current installment, because I get excited for the new one.
Old 07-17-2016, 02:10 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 10

Already concerned. If I wanna pre-order, I'll just call in the day before. haha. I've never had an issue w/ that.

I wanna see that it's gonna be different. The good thing is, I have enough experience watching videos and listening to language that I can tell when something is the same but described differently, or a situation is viewed, out of context, but hasn't really changed.

Good luck 2k, fix your game.

If they don't change the myplayer set up considerably, I ain't messin' w/ it because that's the only fun part anymore, playing park, pro am, etc.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2016, 02:21 PM   #52
Rookie

I just want these two months to go by as fast as the past few months have been!!!!

I'm concerned but not too surprised cause the previous years they haven't released much info. Before Mid August early September. Except 2k16.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:00 PM   #53
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I just play NBA 2k12 until launch of 2k17. It's all good.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:40 PM   #54
Rookie

woshihuxingtan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveosalot
2K lied to us several times last year in the first trailer anyways.

We were promised footplanting - false.

We were promised smarter AI - the ACE debacle was HILARIOUS in the beginning of last year and even then was only marginally improved throughout the year. A Good start, but definitely a ball drop on that account.

We were promised Signature Size Ups - LOOOOL! This is probably the most hilarious thing they did all year. Size-ups were introduced and were mostly very clunky and severely ineffective, save a few (kobe, curry, crawford, paul) and after everyone found out that said size-ups were over powered, they dumb them down instead of beefing up the other ineffective ones to promote diversity rather than hand cuffing everyone simultaneously.

And IMPROVED DEFENSE!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

Biggest crock of **** all year. They just upped the warping and morphing animations effectiveness. So you can run into someone without actually trying to play defense. You can literally hound every ball handler regardless who you're using to defend with.
2K also lied to us in last year's developer diary about the gauntlet mode. They promised they will provide update to this mode, they promised they will add new boards to this mode.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:33 PM   #55
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20
Wink Re: Limited 2k17 News: Concerned or Patient?

Not a blink of concern for me at all...

2K has been on the top of their game as far as this series is concerned and they know the importance it is - they do a very fine job listening to the 'boards' and are well-aware of it.

We're just all anxious, because it's tough to see how much improvement can really be made during this current Gen...gameplay can always be improved and I know they're on top-of-it...I'm not worried and just can't wait to start seeing those gameplay vids...

I had a fantastic time with 2K16...I'm still finishing up my first 'chise with the Bulls, headed to the playoffs....
  • MLB The Show 24 - PS5
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2016, 09:53 PM   #56
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
I'm not concerned at all. 2K16 was a triumph in sports gaming (in my humble opinion, even with its warts) and I don't expect 2K17 to be the leap that 2K16 was compared to 2K15 and 2K14. I feel like this release will be a more refined version of 2K16, with additionally features that people wanted last year (namely, being able to relocate and rebrand more than 3 teams on console versions of the game, being able to share uniform/arena designs, and being able to make multiple jerseys for your rebranded team as opposed to editing the home/away unis).

That in mind, I'm not surprised we haven't heard much and don't expect us to hear much till mid-August, a month out of release.

Agreed. And NBA 2K16 with polish and nice touch small additions = NBA 2K17, this excites me.

Sucks that I play as OKC though.....
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »