Home

what's the reason behind no fair difficulty level?

This is a discussion on what's the reason behind no fair difficulty level? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2016, 08:59 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
what's the reason behind no fair difficulty level?

i don't understand this rationale from 2k. i blow out the cpu and keep a ten point lead easily almost every game on pro. crank it up to all star and the cpu ALWAYS stays in the game and stays in the lead for the most part. on top of that, the cpu pulls of ridiculous things on the offensive end, gets scripted rebounds, crazy boosts off of my misses, and just feels completely artificial and i feel so cheated. i've literally pulled my hair out due to sh** that's gone down on all star level. literally. other phrases uttered multiple times per game are 'r u kidding me', oh my god' and 'what the f***'. i've honestly never had anything frustrate me so much in my life and i reeeeallly want to like this game and have a fair challenge.

pro is too ez and all star drives me absolutely nuts. the user gets boosts on pro and the cpu gets boosts on all star. where is the middle ground? what gives? r we getting trolled by 2k? someone give me a reason here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2016, 11:21 PM   #2
Rookie

SergentSandwich's Arena

Re: what's the reason behind no fair difficulty level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psydefx
i don't understand this rationale from 2k. i blow out the cpu and keep a ten point lead easily almost every game on pro. crank it up to all star and the cpu ALWAYS stays in the game and stays in the lead for the most part. on top of that, the cpu pulls of ridiculous things on the offensive end, gets scripted rebounds, crazy boosts off of my misses, and just feels completely artificial and i feel so cheated. i've literally pulled my hair out due to sh** that's gone down on all star level. literally. other phrases uttered multiple times per game are 'r u kidding me', oh my god' and 'what the f***'. i've honestly never had anything frustrate me so much in my life and i reeeeallly want to like this game and have a fair challenge.

pro is too ez and all star drives me absolutely nuts. the user gets boosts on pro and the cpu gets boosts on all star. where is the middle ground? what gives? r we getting trolled by 2k? someone give me a reason here.
Download a slider set and dont try to cheese the cpu.
Old 07-16-2016, 06:06 AM   #3
Rookie

Sliders man. I've had the best games I've ever had in the 2K series with a slider set that I tweaked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2016, 10:52 AM   #4
Banned

i'll check out some slider sets - thanks.
Old 07-17-2016, 12:03 AM   #5
Rookie

Unless your playing in MyCareer the sliders are locked onto the default difficulties rookie, pro, all star, etc. Then you can pick between casual and simulation and default. But in all honesty there needs to be a full set adjustable sliders in MyCareer mode. Now I've heard the old 2k wont do this because of vc argument. Well I have a real simple solution if somebody tries to alter the sliders have a caution box appear and say "doing this will result in this Mycareer being offline only" continue yes or no? I would happily play an offline version of MyCareer if it meant I could fully adjust sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2016, 12:21 AM   #6
Rookie

This same thing happens for user vs user

The bad players get boosts.

If u chuck 3s ur gonna get an offensive rebound boost

Turbo into defenders ur gonna get a blocking foul

Let the cpu play Defense , ur gonna intercept every pass

Last edited by quitdabull; 07-17-2016 at 12:35 AM.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:06 PM   #7
Banned

i tried a couple of slider sets without much luck. like i said in op, i just don't understand why 2k doesn't have a fair difficulty option without boost for either the user or cpu. this just baffles me.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:33 PM   #8
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by psydefx
i tried a couple of slider sets without much luck. like i said in op, i just don't understand why 2k doesn't have a fair difficulty option without boost for either the user or cpu. this just baffles me.
Problem is everyone that plays NBA2K is at a different skill level so what's hard for one player might be easy for another.

However, since pro has gotten easier for you, you've got the right idea to incrementally increase the difficulty from pro to allstar but probably not the right mindset.

If you want to play at higher levels, ditch the changing sliders idea and play on allstar with simulation sliders. Play at the level until you figure out how to manage the game to your liking and allstar level becomes easy.

You have to change how you approach playing the CPU as you move up in difficulty. This mainly means you have to figure out how to score effectively out of an offense and play solid position defense.

One final point is that you can't let things that happen during the course of the game affect you mentally. Otherwise, you might as well not increase the difficulty level.

A lot of learning how to play the game is having the patience to figure it out.

Slider adjustments are directly related to your playstyle. They aren't a one size fits all thing. Save those for when you have an advanced game and can better understand how to apply them to your game.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »