Home

i pullled my hair out again, guys...

This is a discussion on i pullled my hair out again, guys... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2016, 07:59 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: i pullled my hair out again, guys...

thanks for the replies and support guys... i'm going to step back from the game until 2k17. the reason i keep playing it and coming back to it is because i love the game of basketball so much and it's fun trying to emulate what you see on tv. unfortunately, i can't get past the frustration that the ai brings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2016, 12:58 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
The game is not designed to frustrate people. I'm sure the devs didnt go in a say "How can we frustrate people the most". That whole premise is absolutely ridiculous.
The premise is not ridiculous. The game is designed to offer a challenge and this is accomplished by giving the CPU opponent advantages and boosts, while giving you disadvantages.

Also the game is designed to punish you if you make mistakes or don't play "the right way". If you make a few too many turnovers and a few bad shots the CPU will take advantage of that and will beat you. This is perfectly good for higher difficulty levels, but very frustrating for beginners.

Quote:
The problem is most user don't have patience and don't want to take time to learn the game. They want the game to do everything for them.
How much patience would you recommend? How many hours should one invest in "learning" a video game? How many defeats should one suffer before he turns his back to the game?
Old 07-20-2016, 08:31 PM   #27
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRoad
The premise is not ridiculous. The game is designed to offer a challenge and this is accomplished by giving the CPU opponent advantages and boosts, while giving you disadvantages.

Also the game is designed to punish you if you make mistakes or don't play "the right way". If you make a few too many turnovers and a few bad shots the CPU will take advantage of that and will beat you. This is perfectly good for higher difficulty levels, but very frustrating for beginners.

How much patience would you recommend? How many hours should one invest in "learning" a video game? How many defeats should one suffer before he turns his back to the game?
Every game isn't for everybody. If the game is frustrating you and OP this much, then it realistic to consider trying another game. For example, I'm terrible at racing games and fighting games, however there are many other gamers who excel at these games.

The are many gamers that excel at NBA2K. Some people are good at things and some aren't, so instead of physically inflicting pain on ones self and getting enraged at a game, set back, regroup, and find another game.

Last edited by Black Bruce Wayne; 07-20-2016 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:15 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
Every game isn't for everybody. If the game is frustrating you and OP this much, then it realistic to consider trying another game. For example, I'm terrible at racing games and fighting games, however there are many other gamers who excel at these games.

The are many gamers that excel at NBA2K. Some people are good at things and some aren't, so instead of physically inflicting pain on ones self and getting enraged at a game, set back, regroup, and find another game.
Nice, so basketball fans should play GTA of Fallout if NBA2K is too hard for them. Good advice

Irony off: If you read the OP posts again he is not bad at this game. Pro difficulty is too easy for him, so I guess that makes him at least a mediocre player. But when he moves up to All Star he gets frustrated (because the game is designed that way to give the CPU boosts). And I have the exact same problem.

So if someone is stuck between Pro difficulty and All Star difficulty your advice is to go away and play something else?
Old 07-23-2016, 02:57 PM   #29
Rookie

Try moving to superstar. Allstar seems broken to me. I had the same problem moving from pro to allstar. My players forgot how to play defense, the computer made a lot of cheese plays and they never missed a shot. I moved to superstar and the game plays a lot better. Your team plays defense and it seems to have a better balance of play. The computer play is up a notch, but with better balance, offense and defense, you can hold your own.
Old 07-23-2016, 07:33 PM   #30
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRoad

So if someone is stuck between Pro difficulty and All Star difficulty your advice is to go away and play something else?
It's moreso what the difficulty challenge does to exacerbate his rage to the point he inexplicably pulls his hair out in a fit - when rage reaches this point: it's time to hang it up.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2016, 08:48 PM   #31
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

It's funny that NBA2K16 can go from being the best sports game to the worst sports game of all time literally from one possession to the next
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2016, 10:44 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
It's moreso what the difficulty challenge does to exacerbate his rage to the point he inexplicably pulls his hair out in a fit - when rage reaches this point: it's time to hang it up.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Yea... well, I am not a rager. To me, I can just turn off the game and do something else. I've never broken a controller or anything. I've def yelled at the TV.

The thing I yell most at the TV when playing 2k is CUT. The computer NEVER CUTS and when they do they cut in slow motion and break off half way. Stuff like that in 2k drives me wild.

I just killed the cpu in a career game using my dude to cut. The lanes are there. Even if you wanna say the computer shouldn't be doing the kind of cuts I do (weird angles and all, maybe trying to rub my guy off on a guy playing D on another guy), there are still great lanes for the computer to do a hard cut to. Would be a dunk. Sometimes the cpu double teams you and you got DeAndre Jordan with about 8 feet to the basket, completely open lane, it's like CUT... CUT. And if you do get it to him, he's gonna be shooting a 3 foot jumper, bet.

Stuff like that, esp to us who knew what the game was like before... we know the game hasn't really changed, either. They just took out the computer hard cuts because people were like nooo lead pass cheese!

It would be nice to add in such things on higher difficulties (see, I'm trying to tie it in), for both sides. Instead of the computer playing the same dumb way (can't get a good shot unless they use a pick or you get lost defensively) and making the shot more often.

Gimme a cpu that cuts hard and gimme a cpu that actually plays aggressive on the drive and in the post. There should at least be some players who play like that.

I can legit understand someone playing 2k, pausing it, putting the controller down, and pulling out a clump of their hair. haha. It's so funny, to me, because it's so easy to imagine.

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »