Home

NBA 2K17 Features League Expansion For MyGM & MyLEAGUE Modes

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Features League Expansion For MyGM & MyLEAGUE Modes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2016, 01:50 PM   #41
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K17 Features League Expansion For MyGM & MyLEAGUE Modes

Menus are looking real noice 2k! I was hoping you guys would take a page out of how it was done you know where... very clean modern design.

Rebrand 6 teams total instead of 3.. am I getting that right? I guess what makes that cool is the expansion angle which makes things way more interesting. Now when I create the olympics tournament I won't have to use an old nba team to compensate for filling the full 30 team roster.

You could also create an older favorite franchise without compromising a current team too. Put a team back in Vancouver and keep Memphis for example.

Downloading designs right from the community...awesome! How much more time would that save many of us lol, but hopefully we can edit things even after we download.

Too bad we saw nothing about designing alternate uniforms. That was one thing missing that would've been really cool.

This is where the confusion starts
Quote:
- Start a league with Expansion where you can instantly expand the league from 30 up to 36 teams (all with designs of your choosing).
Is it rebrand six teams or is it all?

Last edited by 23; 07-19-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2016, 01:50 PM   #42
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
So with My League I'd be able to add expansion teams when ever, and when I do the process involved in that will automatically begin? I've always wanted to play as an expansion team, is that possible?
Old 07-19-2016, 01:55 PM   #43
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Would love to see the roster guys use this and create a 36 team NCAA league. College Hoops 2K17 here we come.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:55 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

I saw a lot of great created team designs from 2k16 that I wanted to use. So now I'm excited that people can upload them so others can use.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:58 PM   #45
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Re: NBA 2K17 Features League Expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizzyXV
You start from the present day of the NBA in real time, so say it was Christmas Day, you'd start your league from then and all the stats/standings up to Christmas would mimic the real life NBA
That actually sounds like a damn good feature. It'll help those individuals who wait for a "complete roster" before starting their franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2016, 02:08 PM   #46
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Menus are looking real noice 2k! I was hoping you guys would take a page out of how it was done you know where... very clean modern design.

Rebrand 6 teams total instead of 3.. am I getting that right? I guess what makes that cool is the expansion angle which makes things way more interesting. Now when I create the olympics tournament I won't have to use an old nba team to compensate for filling the full 30 team roster.

You could also create an older favorite franchise without compromising a current team too. Put a team back in Vancouver and keep Memphis for example.

Downloading designs right from the community...awesome! How much more time would that save many of us lol, but hopefully we can edit things even after we download.

Too bad we saw nothing about designing alternate uniforms. That was one thing missing that would've been really cool.

This is where the confusion starts

Is it rebrand six teams or is it all?
Lack of alternate uniforms could be a thing -- I hope we get the ability to make some, too. It's not fair the Cavs can have 18 uniforms (or something like that) in the game and I'm restricted to making just two.

As for the expansion, my understanding of is is that you can start a MyLeague with the 30 current NBA teams PLUS creating 6 new teams, from scratch, to insert into the NBA at the beginning of the MyLeague (or during one of the offseasons of your MyLeague).

Quote:
League Expansion isn’t just a feature you can use when setting up your league. You can dynamically expand your league in the offseason, even after the mode has already started!
So it's basically like a "Create-a-Team" feature within MyLeague and you're limited to 6 teams on top of the 30 current NBA squads, with relocation for those current NBA squads a possibility (this is not confirmed outright in the post, but one would expect that feature would carry over from 2K16).
Old 07-19-2016, 02:10 PM   #47
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Too bad that he didnt mentions nothing about contracy extenstions and players demanding more money in FA.

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 07-19-2016, 02:10 PM   #48
Pro

zrohman's Arena

With all of this customization there's no point if everything is limited to offline. The question is, do these features apply to online my league and does online my league last for more than one year

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »