Home

NBA 2K17 Features League Expansion For MyGM & MyLEAGUE Modes

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Features League Expansion For MyGM & MyLEAGUE Modes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2016, 02:20 PM   #57
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Features League Expansion For MyGM & MyLEAGUE Modes

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
So question, if you create an additional 6 teams for 36 total teams, does the game create all those fake players? So you end up with a bunch of generated players in the franchise?

Personally, I kinda would rather have just 30 teams because that's more realistic to the NBA.
If I'm reading this right, then no, no fake players.

Quote:
For my franchise heads out there, you already know that a proper league expansion is more than just new logo/uniform/stadium art. The entire experience surrounding the game has to support it. We’ve covered every detail required for a proper league expansion, including player protections, expansion drafts, and much, much more. A considerable amount of time was spent this year building an NBA schedule creation tool that dynamically generates balanced schedules with respect to your 31/32/33/34/35/36 team leagues. We then created dynamic menus for every menu in the game including the Draft Lottery and the Draft, with respect to how many teams are in the league. For example, when you have a 32-team league, that means you now have 16 teams in the lottery (up from the current 14), and all the mathematical odds of getting the #1 pick that go along with that new Draft Lottery format need to be updated. Simply put, we left no stone unturned, and we did it all for your enjoyment. Immerse yourselves.
Expansion teams get to "draft" their players from other team's rosters. The current teams must choose to "protect" up to 8 (I think?) of the players on their rosters and the expansion team is automatically awarded the highest odds in the draft lottery of getting the 1st overall pick (if I recall correctly).

The NBA hasn't had more than 1 expansion team join the league at any one time since the Magic, Heat, Hornets and Timberwolves joined in 1989 or 90 as I recall, but the expansion draft process has stayed largely the same since. It's part of the reason most expansion teams are horrible is that they're picking from the bottom 5-7 players on each team's roster and adding a high 1st round pick to that.
Old 07-19-2016, 02:20 PM   #58
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Oh so you create the expanded league with 36 teams if you want, and then they do a fantasy draft with all current players?
Kind of. It'd be a 6 team draft of players that are currently on an NBA roster. Each NBA team gets to protect x number of players. Those that aren't protected are eligible to be drafted by the expansion teams.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 07-19-2016, 02:25 PM   #59
Rookie

TheRemiixedAce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJWizards
If we can re-locate and re-brand the ENTIRE LEAGUE then for me its Day-1 buy! I already cant wait to make a lot of Retro Roster if this is true!!!!

No doubt it's a day 1 buy for me too! I've been wanting to re-brand and re-locate all the teams for the sake of making classic or NCAA teams.
MLB:New York Mets
NCAAFB:Miami Hurricanes
NCAAB:Syracuse Orange
Old 07-19-2016, 02:26 PM   #60
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
A lot to like here. Can't wait to see all the designs the community comes up with for teams. Not a big franchise guy but all the customizations make spark my creative juices.

Really loving Start Today and Playoff mode. I never like starting a franchise/season right at the beginning of the beginning of the year because so much can change (trades, injuries, players improving or regressing, etc). By the time I do start a franchise, if I do start one, it's usually late in the year and at a point where I can't catch up to the regular season. This will make it easy. I didn't even realize playoff was missing until the actual playoffs started. I was set to start my own playoffs only to find out the mode was no where to be found.
Old 07-19-2016, 02:28 PM   #61
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
How was NBA today different from Start today ??

Please spare me. I'm an online ranked match player !! LOL>
From my understanding, NBA Today is a Play Now mode featuring all the games being played on that day. Start today is a mode in MyGM/MyLeague where you can start playing at any point during the current real life season and all the stats, roster moves etc. will be present in the game. The difference is one is just a Play Now mode and the other is for people who enjoy doing full seasons.

Last edited by DIRK41NOWITZKI; 07-19-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2016, 02:28 PM   #62
Pro

YungGun's Arena

So glad start today is back. Hopefully it works with custom rosters...
Old 07-19-2016, 02:29 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sounds like my league online will be similar to 16. Sigh, I'm hopeful it entails multiple seasons but nothing in there from the small description on the image. Guess it's about that time of the year to get disappointed with 2K online leagues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2016, 02:33 PM   #64
PDX

RipCity71252's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
How was NBA today different from Start today ??

Please spare me. I'm an online ranked match player !! LOL>
Start Today is not replacing NBA Today. It's an option that allows you to start your my gm or my league at whatever point the nba season is at when you start the mode with all the up to date stats, standings, transactions etc.

Last edited by RipCity71252; 07-19-2016 at 02:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »